ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Change rear wheel bearings - What do I need?

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Rear wheels have been making quite a bit of racket, so I've ordered a set of wheel bearings for them both.

Just wondering what I will be needing to change them correctly as I don't quite fancy my rear wheels flying off. Don't think I'd enjoy that much..

edit: They're drums btw.

Clio 182
I don't know the nut size probably around 30mm if its like my old megane drums take the centre nut off, wiggle off drum using 2 screwdrivers or some wacks with a hammer if its being stubborn. Bearing will be inside the drum I would take the drums to a garage that has a proper hydraulic press rather than try yourself to get the old ones out and press knew in.

Mental 172 Cup
Old bearings will need to be pressed off.. Everything else is pretty simple. Sure the torque is 175nm for the rear hub nut..

Clio 197
Yep as already said, it should be a case of dismantle and take to a garage and pay £10 (roughly) a side for them to press the old one out and to press a new one in.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Yes a press will be needed... there a solid width bearing, you'll never hit em out. They take about 10 mins each if you have instant access to a press. Remember to remove the retaining clip first also :)

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Nice one, cheers guys. Will just nip the local garage when the bearings are delivered.