ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Change inner tie rods?

ph2 clio sport 172
Gearbox is out and sourced a replacement which I dropped off at Agency Transmission this morning to get checked over before refitting. Whilst most things are off I'm about to order new wishbones, track rod ends, steering rack bushes and ARB bushes all oem is it worth doing inner rods as well? Car is on 60k. Already have new dampeners and springs.

Megane r26
I personally would, these cars are knocking on now and if your going to all that trouble you may as we'll replace the last link if you get me drift.

Last edited:
  172 Ph1
I personally would, these cars are knocking now and if your going to all that trouble you may as we'll replace the last link if you get me drift.

Yes like I did -lol

5df46edf.jpg

ph2 clio sport 172
Yeah might as well its all done then. Any tips for removing think I might purchase a inner tie rod removal tool if not to expensive

Megane r26
Yeah might as well its all done then. Any tips for removing think I might purchase a inner tie rod removal tool if not to expensive

I've got the tool that slides over and you put you ratchet or bar on and crack it off but you can change them with a set of stilsons.

I purchased the kit cause I use it quite a lot, the most awkward bit I find on these is refitting the new boot over the rack, especially at the drivers side lol

ph2 clio sport 172
I'm sure il find out like I did with the infamous spinning bolts on subframe lol.

ph2 clio sport 172
Ahhhh the loverly cage nuts lol

Yeah front one is easy but one at rear looks a right nightmare. All fun though learned loads last couple of weeks about different gearboxes and common problems.

Be ringing renault Wolverhampton tomorrow to gets bits ordered hopefully have them same time as I get gearbox back.

Megane r26
Yeah front one is easy but one at rear looks a right nightmare. All fun though learned loads last couple of weeks about different gearboxes and common problems.

Be ringing renault Wolverhampton tomorrow to gets bits ordered hopefully have them same time as I get gearbox back.

Yeah I used Adam at Renault Wolverhampton have done for years, really helpful chap and a good laugh and there really competitive

ph2 clio sport 172
Yeah I used Adam at Renault Wolverhampton have done for years, really helpful chap and a good laugh and there really competitive

Well my gearbox is ready for picking up so having a drive down tomorrow. What's thoughts on changing clutch? Normally I would do it without a second thought but its only done 10k since was last changed. Should I just pay out for new clutch or leave old one in?

ph2 clio sport 172
Id put a new release bearing in.

Can you buy these separate? I'd just buy clutch kit if not. I'm all for replacing stuff if need be but clutch only had 10k then again I'd be pissed if had to change again say 12 months down line.

ph2 clio sport 172
Just had a quick search and someone said around £20/30 in another thread for release bearing on its own.

330i. E30 Touring.
Release bearing is £15 from ECP.

At 10k miles old, I wouldn't bother unless they show any signs of wear,

ph2 clio sport 172
Anyone know torque setting for inner track rods to steering rack please?

330i. E30 Touring.
Nip them up. Then 1/4 turn.

No need to be super tight, but you don't want them coming loose.

Lol

ph2 clio sport 172
Nip them up. Then 1/4 turn.

No need to be super tight, but you don't want them coming loose.

Lol

Will do cheers. If you see a new thread saying sudden loss of steering in a week, we know to maybe do 1/2 a turn once nipped up in future lol.