ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking problem

Sometimes I cant lock the doors with remote. Its working perfectly every time for unlocking but when I want to lock the doors...nothing. The little red LED on key is flashing normaly but nothing happens. Ive found out that if I get back into the car and put the key into ignition and turn it and then get out it will lock normally...Ive tried both keys and been to Renault service and they found nothing because it was working like 50 times in a row and they told me that those keys are very sensitive and problems are quite common and if that starts to happen more often I should get back to them again and they will start to dig a bit more. Anyone here with same problems? Any solutions? I will ask them to reprogram the keys next time and see if that helps. Car is 14 months old so i think that the batteries are not the issue, and the problem started few months ago. Any help??

P.S. my english is not perfect, hope you understod what I wrote :))

Clio 200 FF

i have the same prob, i went to renault but it was working when they tried so they couldnt do anything.

Usually happens when i get to work in the morning and i have to restart the car which reprogrames the remote for it to work - pi##es me off when its raining and im stood like a plonker trying to lock the thing :mad:

This is a shot in the dark but im sure ive read somewhere that mobile phone masts can interfere with the signal, do either of you live near one, could explain why it allways works in the garage...

I am very careful with my mobile (its far away from key always). Who said that its always working in garage? Its working for unlocking always (at least for me) but its not working for locking, and few days ago I was in another part of town and couldnt lock it again. I dont think that are any big antenas around place where I live...

Clio 200 FF

well the problem seems to be getting worse - nearly every time i try to lock it it fails until i restart the car then switch off and relock :(

did anyone find out what could be wrong?

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by richie_jones on 19 October 2003

This is a shot in the dark but im sure ive read somewhere that mobile phone masts can interfere with the signal, do either of you live near one, could explain why it allways works in the garage...
My parents had a rover which you couldnt lock/unlock when I was at college.

This was finally put down to the interfence from surrounding masts/buildings.