ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking problem

Clio 1.4 RT 1993
I have a M Reg 1.4 rt Auto and have just started having problems with the Central Locking. The n/s passenger door lock now only works intermittently. ie sometimes it will work perfectly and other times it won't.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to find out the cause ie mechanical or electric - or could it be the relay switch ?

Any suggestions would be most welcome because my missus is getting a bit miffed at having to wait in the rain until I can open it from the inside and you wouldn't like to meet my missus when miffed on a dark night, I can tell you !!!

Bernie

Renault Clio 172
I've had this problem on both doors on my 53 172. I've managed to get them working again using various methods. One is to reset the central locking by holding the inside CL button down for a few seconds while the doors lock and unlock and then pressing the key fob button. Another method was to hold the door handle up while pressing the key button or keeping the offending door open and then pressing any of the buttons. The problem on my 172 is that there is no manual way of locking the drivers door when it is playing up - no key hole on driver side. I've spent ages taking door trim off only to find nothing out of place so this must be a relay/wiring/electrical issue that you could spend hours or days looking at and finding nothing. Just another one of the Renault faults that keep us amused.