ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking Problem

I'm having problems with my central locking, but i thinks it's to do with the internal sensor.

It's not the fobs as i have changed the batteries and still no joy, the central locking still works when i use the locking button in the car, the problem seems to be the internal sensor.

I've done a search on the site but i can't seem to find any similar problems.

If anyone can help with this i would really appreciate it

Thanks

2002 Clio 172
THe problem he's having is that the central locking is not locking/unlocking when he's pushing the button on the key fob. He's tried the spare key and that's not working either. The central locking is working when he opens the door with the actual key and when the button on the dash is pushed. It seems as if the sensor is not registering that the button is being pushed. Is there any way that he can fix or is it dealer only.

The car is a 2002 172.

They can be re-synchronised try this,

CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

If not sounds like Renault job to me.

I've tried the above and no joy, if anyone else has any other ideas i would really appreciate it

thanks for that tidyclio