ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD Changer Jumping

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ive always had my CD changer screwed ontop of my sub, and it never jumped once.

I drilled holes into the back of my seat today and fitted it against it, nicely tucked away, but when driving the CD jumps when goin over the slightest of bumps.

Can i put a pieace of wood behind it and srew it to this or will it still jump? Where can i put it? If i screw it to boot floor surely vibration with be worse?

Where do you have urs? Cheers.

Hi,

I placed mine on the right hand side of the boot.(Vertical Posistion). I cut a square bit of wood and used no nails to attach under the carpet on the side. I then put the carpet back over it and screwed the changer to the wood which is behind the carpet on the rear right arch.

Doesnt jump but you must have the screw set to the correct position on the changer for Vertical mounting.(mines a Pioneer)

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Does that position make a difference cause i read that after screwing it in. So ill change that tomorrow and see how it goes. Should that fix it? Mines a Pioneer too. :cool:

Yeah the screw postion has to be right. This way you dont need to drill holes, keeps it away from everything and is easy to take of of you change your car.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

I kept it srewed to back of seat & changed the Vertical dial on it and it hardly jumps, but can i get rubber washers to stop it from jumping at all?