ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat D clio on auto trader...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Just a warning...

The car is advertised as "vcar" right at the bottom of the advert...
I put a deposit down without HPI ing it, checked it on the way to collect it tonight and it was infact Cat D.
I hadnt been told when viewing the car, or when putting the deposit down.

CBA with anyone telling me im in the wrong, I know I was, should have HPI'd before parting with any cash, just a note to stop anyone else getting stung.

Ive lodged a case with trading standards, they have the same opinion as me, but doubt ill get any money back due to it being a small amount, and the deposit was paid in cash...

Cant fit the whole advert on the screenshot, but at the bottom it says "no offers on v car no offers"

Screenshot_2013-11-28-15-16-40_zps491ff621.png

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Never heard of the term vcar...

Only trying to save someone else having the same issue...

"no offers on v car no offers"

Assumed (stupidly)that the v was supposed to be a space or a miss spelling...

Anyway, now I know...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Says on the trading standards website that you should be made aware.

Suppose them writing "no offers on v car no offers"

Is classed as making me aware..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You do not have to tell anyone the car was a write off. It is however illegal to lie when asked the question.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
He (the seller) is a scamming c**t! He's hidden the fact it's a cat d by doing what he's done.

IF I ever take them in px, I always put ''This car was registered as a Cat D insurance loss in 2007'' or similar.

Bloke's a c**t.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182
If thats the Coxmoor which is south of Mansfield, then I alone could have told you its a dodgy car without even seeing the advert. I know several people all had different cars from there and all be bent.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea, that voxmoor motors.

Seems like I'm better off loosing my deposit rather than buying the car and realising after....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He (the seller) is a scamming c**t! He's hidden the fact it's a cat d by doing what he's done.

IF I ever take them in px, I always put ''This car was registered as a Cat D insurance loss in 2007'' or similar.

Bloke's a c**t.

To be fair Dan any categorised cars I see from dealers are fairly advertised. Anyway, c***s trick.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
When I worked at a car sales we always used the term v-car, but I'd be surprised if many people outside the trade (or on here) knew what it meant.

Agree that the trader is a scam-bag.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Merc Dueliner sport
Never heard of the term vcar until now, can't say I've noticed it on an advert either.

As it's been said, you learn something new every day.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are threads on here asking what on V car means etc - also Google would have said what it meant too.

The seller declared it, the OP could have asked him, the seller did his bit imo.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The way it's written could easily be interpreted as a spelling mistake.

The "V" key is directly above the space bar, it could easily be meant to say "no offers on car"

Very easily done if you don't know what vcar means, snide trick from the seller, hopefully you didn't lose to much money.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
There are threads on here asking what on V car means etc - also Google would have said what it meant too.

The seller declared it, the OP could have asked him, the seller did his bit imo.

Yea technically I think he did do his bit, but it was cuntish IMO

Id never heard of it, so the whole point of this thread was to save someone else loosing out on their deposit, which going by the amount of people that never knew what it meant, I think ive done..
I wasnt expecting a load of people to give me a cuddle and chip in to cover my deposit lol

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio Cup
Car is expensive though too in my opinion ???

Its weird how funny people get about cars that are on the "hit list" I got my sister a flood damaged fiesta for half market value thats registered as a cat d

Where as I went to look at one that had clearly been in a smash and yet wasnt recorded. Seller should always declair it and he has I guess you can never be too careful

I usually buy cars off ebay unseen..........that way im never disappointed if I lose out. Set your expectations low and there wilo normally be
A redeaming outcome

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Ph1 ITB'd 172
You do not have to tell anyone the car was a write off. It is however illegal to lie when asked the question.

I've been through this before with Daniel, and I don't agree with that, if you know information about the car that can influence someone's decision on purchasing it or not then you are obliged to tell them.

IMO the fact the car has been written off in the past isn't clear in that advert.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/676408/OFT1152con.pdf

Here is an extract from that PDF taken from page 23:

C. Providing consumers with important information prior to the
Sale

5.17 You must give consumers the information they need to make an
informed choice, before a sale is made. You must not omit or hide such
information, or provide it in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or
untimely manner.

5.18 Non-exhaustive examples of the types of information you should inform
the consumer about prior to the sale include:

The main characteristics of the vehicle - for example:
- price
- make, model, engine capacity and other physical characteristics
- history.

Any problems you are or ought to be aware of, after taking
reasonable steps, such as:

- if the vehicle has been written off as an insurance loss or has
been accident damaged
- if the vehicle was imported into the UK
- if there are any 'MOT Advisory' items
- discrepancies in the mileage or service history of the vehicle
- faults with the vehicle.
if the vehicle is ex-rental
• details of any warranties offered (see section D below)
• details of your after-sales service and procedures.

If you know of anything that contradicts this, I would be interested to read it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Car is expensive though too in my opinion ???

Its weird how funny people get about cars that are on the "hit list" I got my sister a flood damaged fiesta for half market value thats registered as a cat d

Where as I went to look at one that had clearly been in a smash and yet wasnt recorded. Seller should always declair it and he has I guess you can never be too careful

I usually buy cars off ebay unseen..........that way im never disappointed if I lose out. Set your expectations low and there wilo normally be
A redeaming outcome

If you dont mind driving around in toss boxes, then yea its worth a risk.
If you want to buy a car to get to work in, you wont have time to mess around on ebay, going to view, getting a shitter, having to advertise it again, selling, then buying another.....