ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars developed a tapping sound lol

Megane Trophy, Golf
Before anyone says its not the charcoal cannister as i have changed it last month! Its either the tappets or a belt but its driving me mad, Can someone please tell me how to tell whats making the noise! it doesnt do it when its cold and you cant hear it inside the car. cheers :)

A4 Avant
Mine was making a rattle on what sounded like the top end. Mine was the Cam pulley. Had it replaced when I had the cambelt done. Apparantly it's quite common. Mine was worse when cold though.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Had a listern round the car and it seems to be coming from the filler cap/cambelt area! Any ideas anyone (FRED) ;)

Black Gold with cup packs
Only time mine makes a noise is then I have been driving it quite hard and then Ipark up outside my house. It makes a slight tapping noise for a few minutes. I assume this is the car cooling down? But I am no mechanic so "I Don't Really Know!"