ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CarPro's New Reload Spray Sealant 2014

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just got round to watching the video. Does it seem odd to anyone how much product he applies? I've always done it with a Z8-esque one spray per panel technique.
Also, initially 2013 seems to have better water behaviour?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just got round to watching the video. Does it seem odd to anyone how much product he applies? I've always done it with a Z8-esque one spray per panel technique.
Also, initially 2013 seems to have better water behaviour?

I remember reading a post somewhere to say they did this to show no streaking or smears. Most would probably not use that much applying to a whole car let alone one panel

not noticed the difference in water behaviour on the car, but will watch the video again

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I remember reading a post somewhere to say they did this to show no streaking or smears. Most would probably not use that much applying to a whole car let alone one panel

not noticed the difference in water behaviour on the car, but will watch the video again

Indeed Dave. Had more feedback about it showing no streaking etc. certainly wouldn't throw my 2013 in the bin just some improvements.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
FFS!!

I topped up my Reload today. I decided to use 1:1 as per CarPros instructions despite using it neat in the past (13 and 14 formulations). It went on fine, as usual, but later I nipped out to the shops and the evening sun highlighted that's it's COVERED in smear marks!

I'm very disappointed because I've never experienced this before.

So. How to fix? More reload? Strip back with prime? eraser?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
"More reload will remove it. If he's used neat before with smears. Stick to neat. Dilute is for people who have trouble with neat drying too quick."

There you go mate. If you want to try 2014 send me your address. :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
"More reload will remove it. If he's used neat before with smears. Stick to neat. Dilute is for people who have trouble with neat drying too quick."

Thanks mate.
This problem IS with 2014!!!

Will have to strip the bonnet because I had a play with a couple of waxes :(

FFS!!

I topped up my Reload today. I decided to use 1:1 as per CarPros instructions despite using it neat in the past (13 and 14 formulations). It went on fine, as usual, but later I nipped out to the shops and the evening sun highlighted that's it's COVERED in smear marks!

I'm very disappointed because I've never experienced this before.

So. How to fix? More reload? Strip back with prime? eraser?

Mine is the same, annoyed as f**k, I'm beginning to think its the Reload rather than the CQuartz which has smeared..!

I haven't applied Reload since my initial CQUK application, and the smearing is getting better, so can only assume its the Reload as I haven't been putting anything on after a wash (as it hasn't needed it).

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

More reload seems to be exacerbating the problem, neat or dilute!
I'm starting to have some success by wiping down with Wolfs Nano QD and quite a bit of buffing.

It gets worse when the paint fully dries too. Immediately after washing and drying it looks ok, then it fully dries out and smears everywhere xD

At least for me, wonder what alternatives there are to reload that can be used with CQuartz?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Did you apply yours directly on top of CQUK or after a wash? My initial application was fine, it's now that I've come to top up on top of a wax layer that the problem has started.

Did you apply yours directly on top of CQUK or after a wash? My initial application was fine, it's now that I've come to top up on top of a wax layer that the problem has started.

Mine was directly after applying CQUK, not applied to it since and I've washed it 3 or possibly 4 times :).

I still have smears, as you say, requires immense buffing (I got most of the marks off of the wing after about 5-10mins of polishing by hand) - I'm going to machine polish it off when I can be bothered, but not excited about potentially removing the CQUK at the same time and having to go through the ballache of redoing it.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If the sun ever shines again I'll know the the QD worked. If so I can send you a sample?

Shame really. Reload was one of my favourite products but I won't be in a hurry to use again until I've figured out the cause.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Massive shame guys. I had zero issues on the Monaco and I did 2 layers.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Can't be sure until I see it in sunlight (it's been really overcast all day) but it looks a lot better now.
I switched to yellow Costco MF for the wipe down from a grey Gtech MF on application. Maybe the synthetic composition wasn't suitable for the 'greasiness' of reload residue...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I used the Costco ones (shorter side) if that helps. Haven't found any other cloth to work just as well. Has a lovely bite and loads well.

2 towel process and I always spend time removing from a panel.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
gally I just got a bottle of 2014 and I'm going to use it this weekend on the girlfriend's car. On the bottle it states for darker coloured cars dilute 1:1 with water. Did you do this on the Monaco Blue 172 or not?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Well, the sun has revealed holograms. Either lsp or from hardcore buffing.

f**k it, lime prime and a nice wax this afternoon!

Well, the sun has revealed holograms. Either lsp or from hardcore buffing.

f**k it, lime prime and a nice wax this afternoon!
Nasty! I can't fix mine until at least next weekend, and even then that's weather dependent.

Presume ur going Polish it out, then what's your plan? I think it'll remove the CQUK too, I may just use Hydro2 again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I used it on gloss black and very dark met. grey and had no issues at all. But in the week used C2v3 on a few panels of both cars and had awful smearing on the black paint. Never before have I had it so bad, so went over it with megs ultimate QD and it went back to looking deep and glossy. Think it's just one of those things where it all seems to be doing it the same as every other application until you go to buff it off then it's too late.

Since going back back to my original products like ultimate QD I'm starting to consider more the basic products that can be applied by a complete novice and keep the high end products for when I have a real amount of time in the perfect weather conditions, as everything lately seems to be done when baby allows,

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Nasty! I can't fix mine until at least next weekend, and even then that's weather dependent.

Presume ur going Polish it out, then what's your plan? I think it'll remove the CQUK too, I may just use Hydro2 again.

Today I went round the car with a 50/50 mix of Lime Prime and Prima Amigo via rotary on a red Hexlogic pad, so very mild. I imagine it took most of the reload off, but probably not the CQUK.

I then finished it with Presidenziale.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Since going back back to my original products like ultimate QD I'm starting to consider more the basic products that can be applied by a complete novice and keep the high end products for when I have a real amount of time in the perfect weather conditions, as everything lately seems to be done when baby allows,

I seem to be getting too high-end for my own good. Mark up FTL :(

Today I went round the car with a 50/50 mix of Lime Prime and Prima Amigo via rotary on a red Hexlogic pad, so very mild. I imagine it took most of the reload off, but probably not the CQUK.

I then finished it with Presidenziale.

Good shout, Limeprime on it's own should be ok shouldn't it, or did you mix so it wasn't so abrasive?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Why won't it rain?!

Gave my girlfriend's car a couple of coats last weekend and it still hasn't rained. I want to see it's sheeting properties in real life!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As you're not that far from me, I'd imagine you cars are covered in a fair amount of dust as well? Reload seems to perform well enough that with a good rinse all this washes straight off without touching it. Looking forward to using it over winter

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed they are.

Should be ready for a clean next weekend so I will see how it performs then.

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Thought since there has been quite a bit of chat around the new 2014 carpro it would be helpful if I shared my experiences since gally completed the enhancement detail on my Monaco. I've found both the beading and sheeting to be excellent, I've simply completed a pre soak followed by the normal 2 bucket wash using AF ph neutral shampoo , rinsed off with an open hose which has been leaving very little water on the bodywork, to finish used megs quick detail spray which has maintained that nice glass like finish. I'm sure better results can be achieved but from my own novice perspective I've found the initial performance to be great.