ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carphone Warehouse/Orange - Upgrade

Just wondering what people think about this...

I'm on my 17th month of an Orange contract at the moment (600mins/unlim. texts)...I was speaking to someone in carphone warehouse this morning .I told them i hardly ever use any minutes, so why am i bothering paying for them? (£35/m). They offered to do it for £30/month, which is think is pointless. So i asked them can they nock minutes off and keep the texts as unlimited, they said they can do 200mins(I wont even use that) and unlimited texts for £25/m, but id have to pay for a phone? Sounds a bit of a joke really........

What would you aim for if you were about to upgrade? Thing is i want a new phone, but the contract cheaper as i cant be bothered paying £35/m while im at uni...Also any phones worth recommending?

Thanks.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if your not arsed about a phone jord go on a sim only contract.

i get 600 mins and unlt text SIM ONLY for 12.50 p/m. not really bothered about what phone i have as i get bored of it after a month anyway

I got a W880i originally on the contract, it broke after like 13 months, so i sent it back to sony to get it repaired under free warranty, came back and it still wasnt fixed. In the meantime of me sending it I got another W800i from a mate for £30, which now has broke also (Microphone dosent work). As my original one came back un-fixed ive sent it off again, but its not turned up yet. Im kind of bored of it though, pi*ses me off beyond belief these days!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
get a cheep and cheerfull phone for about 100 quids like the k800i and go sim only. cheap as chips... or you could go on t-mobiel flexi thing but tmobile is crap

do i HAVE to go through CPW for an upgrade, or do orange acctually own the contract? I originally went through CPW to get it setup, but all my bills/letters etc are direct from Orange... If i went to orange direct for an upgrade, would they do it do you think, or fob me off and say to to CPW?

yeah i guess so....... 6month £17.50 = £105, 12months @ £35 = £420........£535, dont know what they go off though!

il wander into the orange store in the trafford center tommorow, and see what they have to say....if its a waste of time il drop you a pm! cheers.

Never above 25mpg
3 contract mate. They do 1000 texts or mins a month for £15 I think as thats what my sister's on. They do generally cheap deals and if you phone them up Im sure theyll try and better the deal.

cool........few of my mates had moaned about 3 recently for crap service, but il have to see..........ive had a few problems with orange tbh, having poor coverage etc.....so im not sure!

6/468 17poo
they rung me the other day as im in same boat as you 17th month on same tariff they offered to take a fiver off the monthly bill, whats the point and they were gonna off me some s**t samsung phone, so i hung up, it was someone from orange aswell 'apparantly'

Ryan

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Play the system, shop around (phones 4 u are a good place to start) find some stupid deal that you want.. ring orange and suggest they match it or you'll leave.

x