ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon wing mirror idea..

BlackGold 182
just a random idea,

if i were to wrap my wing mirrors in 3m carbon fibre wrap, what would it come out like if i were to spray some laquer on to get a glossy finish?

anyone tried it at all?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I think someone said that they had done, but it had "taken the effect of the carbon off", and just made it look black.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
did you wrap your mirrors mate? ive got wrap and ive wrapped a few little things and ive had bother with the shapes, when i try and wrap something thats not flat, such as a wing mirror, i get creases around the edges?

any advice to sort that? i read that you can use heat, do you know what sort of heat and if it would affect the pattern of the carbon?

i was thinking that if i used heat i would end up melting the warp and stretching it :s i really want my mirrors done but i dont want to f**k it up!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Don't Streamline Carbon do genuine carbon wing mirror covers? Would that not look better?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yes, but costly..

True, but would give you the 'gloss' finished carbon look. I did think about buying them but imagined that 1 day i'd come out to a car with them missing!

I bet a wing mirror would be hard to get wrapped without creases

BG 182 FF
did you wrap your mirrors mate? ive got wrap and ive wrapped a few little things and ive had bother with the shapes, when i try and wrap something thats not flat, such as a wing mirror, i get creases around the edges?

any advice to sort that? i read that you can use heat, do you know what sort of heat and if it would affect the pattern of the carbon?

i was thinking that if i used heat i would end up melting the warp and stretching it :s i really want my mirrors done but i dont want to f**k it up!

Just use a hair dryer. It doesn't affect the pattern or melt it but means you can stretch it around all sorts of shapes and work it a lot easier. It's designed to be heated.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Alright ill try it tomorrow, suppose if it looks shite I can just peel it off ay. Cheers.

How much are the streamline covers btw?

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
its not designed to be painted as its a imprinted vinyl

best bet is a thin clear stonechip, but watch for fingerprints!