ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Vinal

172 Monaco
Hey,

Few questions about carbonfiber?

How good is it?

does it actually look like carbonfiber?

anyone got any pics of it used on a fairly large scale on their car?

Thanks

Elliott

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, carbonfibre looks like carbonfibre. Next.

lol

elliot ive used some APA stuff similar to 3M Di-Noc on my bonnet if your actually on about the Vinyl stuff:S

HPIM2559.jpg

and the weave of the stuff

HPIM2571.jpg

HPIM2573.jpg

neil

172 Monaco
neil,

thats the stuff that im looking for, i want to do the bonnet on my car with it, did you do it your self or get someone to do it?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
neil,

thats the stuff that im looking for, i want to do the bonnet on my car with it, did you do it your self or get someone to do it?

ye i did it myself Vinyl cost me £55 theres quite a few pin-sized bubbles in it tho i wish i had taken it somewhere and had it done professionally but i can live with it for now..

Mine was made by a company called APA but 3M do a much nicer one, loads for sale on eBay

Clio 182 arctic
depending what stuff you use, you could try it yourself, but your best bet is to let a professional do it, a decent sign company. its less than an hours worth of work so it shouldn't cost too much.

172 Monaco
Basically i need a new bonnet from ages ago so i have an idea about getting a second hand bonnet and instead of the cost of spraying i would wrap it... much cheaper.

Clio 172 RS2
DIY!

Get a friend to help and work patiently!
Buy a squegee, other person lifts the foil while you press it on, wiping the airbubbles away with the squegee. A blowdryer/paintstripper might come in handy.
You can lift and re-lift the foil to a certain amount.

IMG_0676.jpg

A A.P.A vinyl foil www.apaspa.com

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.gif

LY R26 230 F1 Team
this looks interesting, i'm tempted to get some of mine done with this... maybe roof
does it come off and leave the paintwork in ok condition?

Dont heat it to much though

With normal cast vinyl you need to bake it in at around 80 degrees

If you heat the 3m carbon to much the print disapears and your left with just a matt finish

Just be careful and you can get some good results

Clio 172 RS2
Full wrap... i've seen it applied expertly!

Compl. Audi TT @ Essen Motorshow.

file2_997-turbo-10_274.jpg

About heating, the foil has a 'memory' but that's a trade secret!
Heat to stretch, reheat to let it shrink to original state.

A full wrap is setback in the region of a car's respray with paint!
As with all quality products, when you have a change of heart, the good 'premium' foils won't leave traces of glue!

Clio :)
Anymore pictures of the Audi?? Maybe a closeup??

I am thinking of doing a full wrap soon and will was thinking
towards a metalic purple, my garage wants to do matt black as he has the wrap in stock but I have gone off the matt black hype. Carbon is tempting, very.

clio 172
My brother does this for a living, and he dos'nt use that horible rap c**p, proper carbon and resin is the only way to go for the best finish.

Clio 172 RS2
The foil looks ace!

Better then any other 'carbon twill' foil out there.
Yes nothing beats proper carbon!

Yes the pic is of a Porker... didn't took one off the TT.
Hairdressers car innit'.

Clio 182 arctic
anyone know places that do this? i wana get my roof done
Theres a place near barnard castle called william smith, they have all the materials you will ever need for this type of work. they should also be able to sort you out with fitting or recommend a place that can.

ITB BG 182
People can call FennGraphics, they are in stoke on trent and can travel to you for fitment to your car. They do the 3M Di-Noc vinyl.
Im waiting on a quote back from them for the roof.