ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car you most regret selling

Silver 172 Ph1
Everyone seems to have one regretful sale (at least)

Whats the car you regret getting rid of most?

Motorbikes
My 1994 Fiesta. 1.3 LX, dark blue, had it for three year and put 45k on it. traded it in for my clio and got £150. so far spent more in a year on servicing than I did on the fiesta for three years.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My Punto GTT. It's time had come - 6.5 years ownership, 72k on the clock - big expensive bills on the horizon. Couldn't go around bends to save it's life, but it was a great car.

Saw one in Bury town centre last night, blatting about. Sounded great and brought back quite a few memories!

D.

Burgandy 174 sport t
my first car, was gutted when I smashed it!! Polo GT.

Not really sold although the scrappy gave me a tenner for it.

Silver 172 Ph1
Hehe £10 is better than paying for it to be removed.

I miss my first car (Modeo..yeah crap I know) but eventually it drank more oil than petrol.

cock mobile.
Not that I regret selling it; but I do miss it:

172Cup-2.jpg

That was the first day I picked her up, ohh the memories :(

My 1985 Black XR2

I bought the car in 1994 when i was 19, at the time it was virtually uninsurable. It had a big valve head, big carb & 117 BHP. It was a total flying machine, i used to get at least 1 or 2 races every day minimum. The best time i have ever had owning any car. I sold it in 1996 after putting 50,000 miles on it for £250.00 less than i paid for it.

I then bought a peugeot 309 GTi big mistake !

I now have A new 3 series, a cupped 182 & a mitsubishi EVO, i had more fun in the XR2 than all three put together.

Gutted

172 mk2 Iceberg
mark 0ne golf gti 1.8 8v
oversize valves,high lift cam
spax all round,racing rear box
and uprated clutch springs...
used to tramline a bit and the brakes were s**t but,
otherwise AMAZING car for me and one of my cheapest

LY V6 with Recaros
I don't regret selling it, because I wouldn't have the 182 otherwise, but I miss my vtr.

Bora TDI - (ex172)
My Miami blue 205 Gti 1.6

The first real 'driving' car I got when I was 19. good fun and I didn't realise how immaculate it was.

My Punto GTT. It's time had come - 6.5 years ownership, 72k on the clock - big expensive bills on the horizon. Couldn't go around bends to save it's life, but it was a great car.

Saw one in Bury town centre last night, blatting about. Sounded great and brought back quite a few memories!

D.

Actually, I do miss the fun I had in mine as well. Cra* on the bends, and braking but I really miss it's 3rd gear overtaking ability and the turbo rush.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Graphite grey 1.6 Pug 205 Gti F reg, bought it when I was 18 had it almost 2 years. Crashed it and sold the parts, the scappy picked up the rest.
Oh and my '76 mini resprayed in a Merc blue (quite like arctic actually), de-seamed, 1293 A+ series engine, LCB manifold, HIF44 carb, playmini SS zorst, half role cage, 4 pots on the front, 2 seats, stripped interior (just 2 seats, harnesses and a stearing wheel, cant remember what it was lowered on but it was a beast. Really regret selling that one! I'll try and find pics to put them up.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Goodwood? Looks mint! :)

The car hated selling the most.....

phone003.gif

cl.gif

clo8.gif

ebay166.gif

My 180bhp hybrid valver

Last edited:
  RenaultSport Clio 182
These are the only pics I could find of my mini, this is what she was like when I bought her. I took the back seats out and added the role cage, other than doing a little to the engine that's her!
Appologies for the photo's they were taken years ago by the previous owner.

Attachments

• Brad_-_side.jpg
    Brad_-_side.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Brad_-_front.jpg
    Brad_-_front.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
  Octy VRS
My white Mk1 106 Rallye with full Magnex, 57i and Spax. Never made sense it was only a 1.3, it flew.

M2 Competition
Loved my last clio to bits, and in some ways it was more fun than my cup looking back... Some good memories in this shed :)

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My First (of three!) 1600i orion. Rolled it in bristol city centre.

fookin loved that car!!

I regret selling my gt turbo to a mate, only because three weeks later he got the fecker stolen!

Even though I had been paid for it, I was seriously gutted about that :(

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
my home built mk1 clio turbo, gtt turbo engine, 3 inch full zorst, 1.2 gear box (mental) t25 turbo and only one bucket seat and a dash for interior. all built in my back garden nearly 4 years ago now
cliotub1.jpg

kept it for so long and never really used it. other car would be my 200 sx s14, 12 sec sqm but i should be getting my clio cup next week sum time

Last edited: