ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start

DCI 80
Hey guys,

I did a good 600 mile round trip at the weekend and as usual my little DCI 80 didn't miss a beat but 5 minutes from home i stopped to get some food and things started to go wrong.

I'd noticed on the way back that although my dash lights were coming on the dials were not illuminating.
Got back in the car and it wouldn't turn over, it just sounds like a handheld drill is being used in the engine a rattly whirring sound.
I took a look under the bonnet and nothing obvious was out out place and the drill sound was coming from here on the engine (See pic) but i'm a novice and i don't even know what this part is. I thought it may be the starter motor but would it be making a sound at all?

The old man said something about the starter getting jammed sometimes and putting the car into gear and rocking it back and forth a little to release it?

Cheers

6Bjo9xm.jpg