ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start - help asap

clio 1.2 16v expression
right, come1 was doing my audio for me and left the headunit on, so im assuming bat died as car wudnt start, we got jump leads but the car still wudnt charge up, got the battery on charge for a few hours and the car still wont chrage up, windows dont go down, car dont lock, hazzards dont work, but the headlights and stuff come on any1 know what it could be? its an 02 mk3 clio expression

clio 1.2 16v expression
they on normal checked battery again and its full, checked all fuses inside and engine bay and are all fine, i hear some clicking noise when i try to start, could it be the relays and cud just wiring speakers to the head unit set off anything else to stop the car from starting

dnatuning.com
clicking noise, sounds like the starter motor solenoid trying to throw in but not having enough juice.

SEAT LEON
Could Be Starter But With Everything Like Hazards Not Working Then It Could Br The Uch Unit

BMW 118d
I had the same ticking noise, trying to start. Got the RAC out, and he used one of his monster battery jump start things to get it going. Took a few attempts though. I'd say it is the battery

Pikey Truck
u checked the alternator cables?? i had similar with my valver, alternator cable had snapped off...!

clio 1.2 16v expression
i'll check the alterator cable, would buying a new battery help if its not the cable. my hazzard lights dont even come on but the head lights work etc, check all fuses in and out and all fine

dnatuning.com
Once the battery has been fully charged the car should start initially whether the alternator connection is faulty or not, measuring the voltage in a non load situation can be misleading, if the battery has screw tops, which many don't now as they're sealed you can look in and see if the plates are wared, if they are it's shagged.
Anyway if it starts once fully charged then measure the battery voltage whilst the engine is running, you should see around 13.5 Volts which will indicate the alternator is indeed charging. If you see a voltage gradually droppng then it's clear there's a problem somewhere in the charge circuit.