ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stood for 12 months wont start...HELP!

182 ff, classic mini
Hi all iv been a member in the past with my old 182 FF. Anyway I have been lusting after another as a daily again as iv bought a house and need cheap fun. A friend of a friend was selling a arctic blue 182 FF with good history and it was cheap... PERFECT so iv bought it,
But it has been stood 12 months sooo... The battary on the car was knackered I could jump start the car but it would die as soon as I removed the leads (at this point all dash lights where as normal apart from battery light on) , so I charged an old battary I have in the garage reads 13v, stuck that on it this morning and I get every light on the dash but the car still wouldn't start just got clicks and flickering off the dash, again the car starts with a jump and will continue to run on this battary even with leads removed, great... apart from the fact it has an unsteady idle and tries to stall if any electrics are used, brakes, indicators etc. they bog the car down and if I use the headlight flash the car completely dies. (inticaly the accelerator pedal didn't work but that fixed its self quickly) All the dash lights are on and EML was flashing.

So what could be wrong?
The car was fine when parked up, I will get a brand new battary to rule this out but it seams like something else is up to course all there's symptoms.

182 ff, classic mini
New battary sorted it all out apart from now the battary and stop light are on? Multi meter reads 14v when car is running so I'm guessing alternator is doing its job