ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car upholstrey in Scotland?

2011 Clio rs200
So I have recaros in the clio and this week I tore the bolster, now I have another set of covers which if I'm honest I basically stole haha but I think some parts have been removed to fit the customs covers the guy I bought them from got made,

so I would need an upholsterer to swap them over I think or even just go for a leather re-trim and stop fannying about with the crappy recaro fabric :/ anyone know of a decent one up near Aberdeen if poss or even the central belt? I'm willing to travel within Scotland for fitting :)

thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Transcal you mean?

They're famous over the world now.

This is something I'd be interested in too, seats in the RS have the usual pish Recaro bolster wear.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Speak to Transcal Joe. Their work is second to none.

Warren posted a thread on here of a 197/200 done in England and it was quite special.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Transcal are amazing but like everything you want a perfect spotless job you will be paying ££££, These guys are retiming over finch range rovers at the cost of £1000s

Trimline is decent and his work is also spot on, He is just a guy that works from a small unit and nips about in a white van, I have seen his work and him doing his work and if you can't afford the big bucks then tramline is 100% your man.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Is he local Marc?

Has a small Unit on the A89 before Dobbies at either Williams Flowers / American Golf or its at J&J Macindoe's

Not 100% sure but its in one of them, He covers all of west lothian and he is good at what he does, He is in my work a fair amount sorting cig burns & rips and his work is decent and i put money on it no where near Transcals prices.

On saying that if i wanted my over finch range rover / Yacht or private jet trimmed out with the finest cow hide i would phone transacl as money would not be an issue.

I did get a steering wheel done by them (Transcal) and i was gutted at how it turned out

795a7ce2.gif

a54661f4.gif

91553dc0.gif

047cd9a8.gif

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Has a small Unit on the A89 before Dobbies at either Williams Flowers / American Golf or its at J&J Macindoe's

Not 100% sure but its in one of them, He covers all of west lothian and he is good at what he does, He is in my work a fair amount sorting cig burns & rips and his work is decent and i put money on it no where near Transcals prices.

On saying that if i wanted my over finch range rover / Yacht or private jet trimmed out with the finest cow hide i would phone transacl as money would not be an issue.

I did get a steering wheel done by them (Transcal) and i was gutted at how it turned out

What didn't you like about it? The colour?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I agree and I know the Transcal owner well.

I remember speaking about wheels in the past and they were struggling to find someone good enough.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Robert is the owner but spends most his time in Asia. I'll find out who is best to ask for. Think they have 3-4 factories now.

My best mate's Mum also helps run the place from the workers pov.

172 cup, Impreza P1
They buy some of their aftermarket leather from us. A lot of the guys in work have had full re-trims done supplying the leather and getting Transcal to do the work. Some very nice results too.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

795a7ce2.gif

a54661f4.gif

91553dc0.gif

047cd9a8.gif

I'd be gutted too mate , to be honest . The quality doesn't look very good for the price you paid , especially when you compare it to all those Snappy retrims . Plus retriming over the thumb grips just looks all wrong , imo .

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My above steering wheel that was done by transcal was sold on ebay for less that £50 so i had a major loss.