ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Uninsured on Traders Policy

I've got a friend who claims his car is insured on a traders policy, however when you run the plate via askmid it says the car is uninsured. Would this be correct, or is the car not insured?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Policies don't always come up if it's on traders iirc

If you own the car for longer than 7 days, its illegal not to update your MID account with the reg number.

(The MID account is what you would use to check if a cars insured)

So if they've owned the car for over 7 days and MID still says its uninsured, its not? Or are they just committing an offence?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not sure on the legalities, or what offence they're commiting. But my broker is proper hot on it and gives me a bollocking if I don't keep up with it.

Something stupid like a £5000 fine if you get caught.

On a Traders' policy, is it not the case that the driver is insured (and is therefore applicable to any car owned/driven) and not the car?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On a Traders' policy, is it not the case that the driver is insured (and is therefore applicable to any car owned/driven) and not the car?

Yes but as per Daniel you have to keep the MID informed.

For my policy I just text the reg of any new car I get and my insurers then add it to MID.