ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAR STOLEN..HELP NEEDED

RS Clio 182
Hi All, some of you guys may or may not know i work for a big group of dealerships called jct600 as a salesman..iv had an email saying we have had a car stolen..
Basically whats happened is 2 guys have turned up at our dealership in Rawdon in an Audi A1 and spent approx 1.5 hours posing as customers before getting a test drive in a new in stock 197 clio..on test drive they have threatened my collegue and booted him out of the car and raced off in the car towards Bradford leaving him stranded at the roadside..
IF ANYONE SEES OR HEARS ANYTHING OF THIS VEHICLE PLEASE LET ME KNOW..i know the chances are slim but heres hoping the little scrotes that took it get whats coming to them and we get the car back..
THE CAR IS A WHITE 197 WITH GLOSS BLACK ALLOYS WITH THE OPTIONAL BOOT SPOILER ON IT.DONE APPROX 42600 MILES AND HAS THE REG NUMBER HN "OH EIGHT" WZJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 172 ph2
One hell of a story and hope the bums get what's comin to them unfortunately I think they'll be well gone

02 Clio 172
Can't understand why they'd spend 1.5 hrs looking mind, is more time for CCTV to pick them up etc, personally I'd know what I was after before going and just get straight onto it lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Different car in the pic though.

Different plates as above, and the towing eye cover is removed + sticker added (to the left of the plate)

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Surely they wouldn't be that stupid to:

A) List the car breaking/parts on Ebay almost immediately.
B) Put a pic of the actual car on the listing.

But then again, they probably aren't the brains of Britain. SCUM.

Ly Megane 230 F1
scrap what i said above....its different phone numbers! something fishy going on there

ive text the boy about it so bare with me ;)

R26/200 Raider
Ask if the headlight washers are available. The stolen car has them but the car advertised for breaking does not.

TT QS
what can be done about reporting it if its the stolen car?
is it as simple as ringing the police does any one know?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
what can be done about reporting it if its the stolen car?
is it as simple as ringing the police does any one know?

Pretty much. If you can gather enough evidence phone the police, say you have found the potential car, give them why you think this is the case and they might come out with you.

Kinda the same, my mate done this with his downhill bike and Gumtree. Found somebody selling not too far away from him. Agree'd to meet, police told him to scratch his left ear if it is definitely the bike and it was. Guy got arrested, he got his bike back.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
They're pretty dumb if I was stealing the car I'd strip it down to sell bit by bit not put up an advert breaking a mint 197!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
great digging skills if this is actually the car, proof that you cant run from the internet!!

also a bit odd that theyve listed the car as a 2010 car when i dont even think the 197s were made that year, clearly not that clued up on renaults.

has anyone thought of contacting the seller of the actual car, they may be able to help the police if they can confirm that they have no intention of breaking the car, and the picture used in that advert is false!! but you may want to be tactful with what you say unless they say something to the potential theifs!!

good luck with getting the car back!! :)
the look on their faces as the police casually pull up to where the car is stashed with you to take it back would be priceless, theyd be so confused!! lol

Titanium 182
yeah the car thats for sale is my old one , the other one does say 2010 plate but could be lying i suppose