ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car revving when the brake is pressed?

172 y reg flamer
it's on a 16v megane but i thought its worth a try

a guy round the corner seen me workin on my car and asked if i knew about anythin like that.

happens when the car is stationary, press the brake and it revs its self

Evo
Something to do with the brake servo, only thing that connects brakes to engine.

Maybe a vacuum leak from the servo pipe allowing the engine additional air after the throttle butterfly???

Evo
Do the good old servo test,

Pump pedal hard with engine off til it goes stiff then hold it down, as you start the engine it should sink a couple inches, then switch it off and pump and should go stiff again.

If the above dont happen then could be your problem

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
this happens with mine also but only while moving (like slowing down to a traffic light and while in neutral)
brakes seem to lack the initial bite (discs and pads are one good-ds 2500+ brembo HC combo) could these two issues be related?

Passat
Do you have big feet?

Haha. Quality. I had a Fiesta years ago and the revs used to die every time you put the clutch to the floor. This resulted in me having to press the clutch, brake and tickle the throttle every time I rolled up to a junction, all simultaneously.

Sheer panic every time I slowed down!

17RS2'd Cup
Mine started to do this after i had an RS2 fitted. I just put it down to that. However it does only do it for the first minute of a journey.

If it does it all the time then thats pretty awesome, its like having auto heel toe!!

17RS2'd Cup
Oh, sorry. I take it my lack of some type of "smiley" didnt put across that that was a joke.
Auto heel toe, ha!