ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car only starts second time

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
[FONT=&quot]My car recently developed a strange condition.

when i turn the key the engine starts momentarily but then cuts out, all the while the red (immobiliser) light flashes quite fast (about 4/sec)

however the car starts perfectly every time on the second attempt.

any idea what this could be?

thanks for anything you have.[/FONT]

Monaco 172
key or decoder ring i would assume.

decoder ring 67+vat

key 95 + coding = 190

get to a scrappy yard and get a decoder ring 2nd hand. i got one for 20 quid.

Clio 182
best thing do is try and start it once, then it wont work. Try again and it will work second time apparently.
Twice FTW

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
ok thanks, for the help pete,

going to leave it for now, im sure its not immobiliser ring, ill just do it twice lol.

but seriously thanks for the advice.

Monaco
Hi mate,

Had a very similar problem on my 1.2 16v. mine started like that and got progressivly worse until it was like the 6/7th time until it started.

Spoke to a guy who had also had the problem and spent alot of money fixing problems that were'nt causing it.

Bottom line is... clear the backlog of errors on your ecu - apparently if it has too many errors stored on it it will start affecting the start-up routine. if it aint that (in my case) it was the flywheel motion sensor. £60 fix from my local mechanic - when he plugged it in after he'd cleared all the errors and given me the car back for a few days it popped straight up as a flywheel sensor problem.

Hope you get it fixed as it's the ultimate babe repellent when your car doesnt start until the 8th turn.

sorry didnt notice that bit about the immobilizer light flashing - never noticed mine doing that but to be honest i'm a complete amateur when it comes to cars and i wouldn't have noticed if it was - other than that, the problem sounds very similar to mine

Jack

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
cheers jackfm, im going to let it run its course, if it (like yours) gets worse then ill have to sort it, or better still get another car and take advantage of the recession lmao