ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car occasionally doesn't start..

Clio MK2
Hi guys. Few months back I bought a new alternator and battery for my car.. But a few weeks ago out of the blue my car wouldn't start.. It just had a flat battery is I jumped it and all is well again.. But it's continuously done this over and over again.. These past 2 weeks I tried starting my car two days ago and I got no result.. So I left it until today. I went out and tried to start it and it started perfectly.. Does anyone know what's causing it to not start all the time?

Cheers. Greg

172 Ph1
Potentially faulty crankshaft sensor. I've had my 172 not start totally randomly once, and i think it was this. When i get a chance i'll be having mine out and cleaning, and ordering the "updated" renault part (i'm fairly certain mine is still original) and fitting that as its much more reliable :)