ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is quite lumpy/jumpy on start up but fine after 500yards/warm up

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
When I start my car it can be quite jumpy/jerky when i pull away, I find it is worse when the weather is quite cold. It is fine after 1-2 mins of warming up or if I drive few a few hundred yards. Would I be right in saying this may be a dodgy Lamda? Also I think the car may be over-fuelling slightly, again lambda?

Patrick

ibiza cupra
mine does it too mate. i think they all do it to a cirtain degree but if you have a de cat on like me then it makes it worse if its not mapped to run with it.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
+1 mine does this too! well only recently, when i first start it, its jumpy as hell, give it like 200 yards and it seems fine untill i stop it and its cold ie - in the mornings lol

i thought it was just me but obvisolsy not lol another thing to add to my payday list!!

53 Clio 172
yea same, its good to see others with same issue, although doesn't seem to be that much you can do about it which is bad!

RS RIP
live with it. Mine does it too, when i feel it coming i press the clutch and let it rant .... And afterwards back in gear. All fine.

The RS is terrible on cold start; watch next time when it happens, when the temp. needle goes up all is good + well. It's a cold start limiter thingy built in by Reno