ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car insurance

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Where do you all go?

Mine want to charge me extra for keeping my car elsewhere....

Last edited by a moderator:
  MR2 Mk1.5
Unfortunately there is no one size fits all for car insurance so the best advice you will get is to shop around.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
The prob I have is I bought it online, and its kept at a different address, so imputed all correct detail and paid...

So I rang them today to confirm that I don't live at this address and its purely storage...

Guess what it's doubled in price.... £140 per month...

Ford Mustang 5.0
Both totally miles apart

Live m22

Kept wa7

WA7 is much lower rate on our figures so seems strange they charge you more for keeping it in a lower rated area. If you have your original quote that you got online emailed to you and it shows the vehicle kept at different address you should be able to question why they are now trying to charge you.

Eitherway hope you get it sorted.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

MR2 Mk1.5
We'd view WA as significantly lower risk than M22, so much so that we do not cover the M22 postcode! If they are re-quoting with another company, that means you are starting a fresh policy so now is the time to shop around.

Can't you use the 7 day cooling off period to cancel the insurance (without incurring any charges, so long as you do it within 7 days) and search around for the best deal.

MR2 Mk1.5
Can't you use the 7 day cooling off period to cancel the insurance (without incurring any charges, so long as you do it within 7 days) and search around for the best deal.

Cancelling within 14 days doesn't mean you will not be charged, common misconception that.

Hmm, well I stand corrected. I'm positive I've read that somewhere, but then policy documents change & insurers differ etc.

Under the sales of goods act 1982 you are allowed to cancel a 'service' such as insurance within seven days after the order is received (policy starts).

This doesn't stop an admin fee being charged though!

Edit: Infact it's under distance selling regulations.