ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cutting out when coming to a stop.

R35 GTR
I am thinking it's either throttle body, tdc sensor, map sensor or something else. Any ideas how I can pinpoint the problem?

R35 GTR
I have the same problem but, it's very intermittant.
It's only started happening yesterday. The last thing I did to the car is fit a boost sensor for a boost controller. I am wondering if this is leaking?

It seems to happen most times I dip the clutch when coming to a stop.

I can also get this to happen after I start the car. If I tap the throttle the revs will die and car stalls.

Ph2 FF 172
As well as that, some times when I stop the car seems to rev itself up and down between 10,000 and 20,000 rpm.

Ph2 FF 172
Yeah! I've got a sneaky feeling I'm not gonna like this but... How do you know that?
It's my old car! I traded it in at S and R motors for the 182 turbo.

Had many problems with it?

HOLY S**T REALLY! Dude, to be honest I have had a few issues with it yeah but, also really interested in what it's had done to it cos I S&R didn't give me much history.

Are you local to Swindon then?

R35 GTR
It's my old car! I traded it in at S and R motors for the 182 turbo.

Had many problems with it?

HOLY S**T REALLY! Dude, to be honest I have had a few issues with it yeah but, also really interested in what it's had done to it cos I S&R didn't give me much history.

Not far away. In andover.

That car has loads of history, search all my previous threads.;)

You may notice a little box under the bonnet that isn't supposed to be there. I left the SMT6 piggy back chip in there when i traded in. The car was running around 179bhp when I had it. Are all the polished bits still in there? Took me many hours of sanding to do them.lol.

It also has 172 cup suspension now, as I took my coilovers off before trading in. I also noticed the n/s driveshaft gaitor has split.

That car was more reliable than this one, wish I hadnt changed now!

Ph2 FF 172

Not far away. In andover.

That car has loads of history, search all my previous threads.;)

You may notice a little box under the bonnet that isn't supposed to be there. I left the SMT6 piggy back chip in there when i traded in. The car was running around 179bhp when I had it. Are all the polished bits still in there? Took me many hours of sanding to do them.lol.

It also has 172 cup suspension now, as I took my coilovers off before trading in. I also noticed the n/s driveshaft gaitor has split.

That car was more reliable than this one, wish I hadnt changed now!

Man, other than my house, it's the single most expensive thing I own! I spend practically every Sunday cleaning it! It's my pride and joy!
If you have any old paperwork lying around or would just like to hook up that be cool. Did you put the back box on it?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
sounds like you have the same probs mine had when it was working!
revs up and down,stalls when stopping sometimes!
i blame the mapping tbh.
mine was over fueling like it was pulling a fuel tanker and connected to the tank!
na bad when you go slow tho.

R35 GTR
sounds like you have the same probs mine had when it was working!
revs up and down,stalls when stopping sometimes!
i blame the mapping tbh.
mine was over fueling like it was pulling a fuel tanker and connected to the tank!
na bad when you go slow tho.
I am getting about 250 miles a tank, so it's not drinking too bad.

I am seriously considering a remap, but don't know who to trust any more.:(

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
not bad .bout same as mine but ur running more boost?
as you can see frm my vid mines running far too rich!

R35 GTR
Got an update : Since replacing the throttle body with a cleaner one it hasn't stalled once. *touch wood*