ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cover for 172...any recommendations?

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Hi. Has anyone purchased a breethable car cover recently they can recommend....thought I would ask as technology and materials move on...,is the Halford advanced all seasons car cover small still the best bet?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aren't they still inherently 'scratchy' though?

I used one years ago at the previous house, as the trees under which I parked had fruit on them. I never had a sap issue (luckily) - but every two years, the fruit came and birds s**t it out.

Vile stuff - literally stained the roof and bonnet. I tried a cover (not exactly a cheap one either) which stopped the staining but I'm sure it scratched the corners where the elastic was.

As you say, things might have moved on though?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Why cover it at all? Decent layer of wax and leave it in the elements?

It's a Clio, not a classic car.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I use the halfords one on track shed seems to be holding up well :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I have an outdoor one for sale for cheaps - its just sat in the garage gathering dust !

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
it is for a track car, needs to be breathable as dont want the car getting damp etc. not too interested in waxing it and not too bothered about minor scratches but dont want to scratch it too much to make it look silly.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I've got the halfords one in medium and it is spot on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
2b7702b60b09fe0410bde18eb5befa0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
As an update I got the Halford advanced one in small for the 172 and I would say it is a perfect fit..will update when we have had bad weather and report back
20160515_142742.jpg
20160515_142819.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Brill! I need to get one of these, the ebay one I bought that was "for a clio" didn't even remotely fit and kept blowing off. I'm also looking at getting something to put on the ground as I park my car on the mud and the dampness has totally destroyed the underside of my car this winter.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Not sure what to recommend for underside. But cover fits like a glove. Perhaps putting itt on some wooden chocks?

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Be very careful about breathability- you cannot tell by visual inspection of the fabric.
You need the fabric manufacturers certified test figures, and to my knowledge after 37 years in the car cover business none of the Far Eastern fabric manufacturers have certified figures.Some if not all of the US fabric suppliers do have the figures, hence we only use such fabric.