ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cleaning methods

Renault Clio
Hey

OK heres the deal i do clean my car a fair amount i do polish it a fair amount too, however looking on this forum everyone seems to be on about a sealant sort of method, as if something you can apply to your car would seal the shine. Is this just another word for polishing it? or something different?

At the moment i wash my car, use a chamois and then most of the time give it a really good polish using autoglym (the red one i think its the super resin polish).

Is there something i should be doing different? Is there another product i should apply either over or under the autoglym?

Any suggestion much appreciated!!

Thanks

106 GTi
Great guide here but it may be memebers only

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148366

For good shine you need to wash, clay paint clean, polish and seal/wax.

Autoglym Super Resin is a good product, top it with there Extra Gloss Sealnt for good lasting protection. You coulkd then top that with a pure Carnuba wax to increase looks further.