ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canvassing opinion on track days

Hi

I represent Thruxton Circuit in Hampshire.

We're canvassing opinion to try and gauge demand for track days here at Thruxton - the fastest and one of the longest circuits in the UK.

For the last 10 years + we haven't been able to run track days for people who want to drive their own car on circuit, we now have permission to run a number of 90db days and are looking at car clubs, rather than the traditional track day market, to see if there is a need.

Is this something you think your members would be interested in or already do? We would hope to create a track day which brings owners together to meet, share info, stories as well as drive on track!

Many thanks for you time

Kind Regards

Ben Norton
ben@thruxtonracing.co.uk

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Would be great and I'm sure there would be demand, although the 90db limit will restrict quite a few people on here.

182, 172 Track Shed
Would love to do Thruxton as it's my local circuit

At 90db limit though I'd have to push my car round :(

Its a good idea and I would expect decent interest from a number of clubs... but I think you'd struggle with numbers being 90db. Standard 328i was 91-92db

WRX
Plus I don't really think it's an almost standard Clio type of track. Still wouldn't mind a go though.

Clio RS200 FF
Noise limits, the killer of modern race tracks. Would love to do a few trackdays in England (only ever done Donnington Park over there) but I do them all the time here in Northern Ireland or at least I did as I just got rid of my track car. Doubt may performance cars would be less than 90db, seems very quiet indee, I'm lucky my local track doesn't have any noise limits.