ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant sleep!

Inferno Orange 182
Hi guys, i've been registered on here for a few weeks now and joined as a member at the weekend. So I figured I'd better actually buy a Clio to make use of my discounts :D

So anyways, picking this up tomorrow...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3047009.htm

Looks nice, mechanically it feels okay but my unique selling point is my dad's been a Renault mechanic for 30 odd years so not only can he get me cheaper parts but also the labour is free as well. Looking forward to hooking up with some of the SE guys soon and would love to have gone to CSS but gonna be spending the day at a family 60th birthday party :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The car on the ad isn't the same as the one you posted after?

The one in the ad has both cup packs, yours has neither from what i can tell.

Anyway, welcome to the club :)

Inferno Orange 182
Well apparently it has the suspension pack but I've not checked. Yeah the text in the ad related to the car, the pics related to a car they'd sold a few weeks back. it does say, but in my excitement i just assumed it was the same one and I put a deposit down before they had chance to upload any snaps of the actual car.
Thanks for the welcomes guys, appreciate it :D

Megane GT
Heya, welcome :) everyones nice on here, dw. Any plans for the car? (p.s. I am a SE 'guy') lol :)

Inferno Orange 182
Jane's a weird name for a guy :p

Not planning anything really. Wanna take a few months to get to know the car and then take if from there

Megane GT
That might be because Im not a guy . . . :eek: . . . didnt see that one coming ayy? lol
And ok cool, yeah fair does, well enjoy the car! Ive grown rather attached to my little crappy 1. poo clio, they have a bit of character to them :)

Inferno Orange 182
yeah I think all small Renaults do. I remember my first one a 1975 Renault 5 850cc with a gear stick that came out of the dashboard, the gear stick would actually disconnect itself from the rest of the car if I drove it too quick. Happy days

Megane GT
Hahaha, bet that was fun driving! Ive only had the one and other than that its been turbo charged saloon cars :dapprove: are you coming to CSS?

Inferno Orange 182
Hahaha, bet that was fun driving! Ive only had the one and other than that its been turbo charged saloon cars :dapprove: are you coming to CSS?

sorry only just spotted this Jane. I'm going to be not too far from the venue but I've got a 60th birthday party to go to where I'm going to have to kiss lots of hairy old aunties :(

Megane GT
Hahaha, nice nice. Well have fun with that! Is it all day then? You should pop in for a couple of hours and say hi :)

Inferno Orange 182
can I just turn up on the day and get a ticket on the door?? Didnt think you could. Going up to the Midlands early on Saturday and the things not until the evening but I've got a lotta family to see...would be nice to have a good reason to avoid them though hahaha

Megane GT
Yeah, when you get to the gate just say you havent got a wristband and theyll point you to the cs marquee. A couple of people forgot to buy tickets etc so theyre doing that aswell. Or, you can look in the for sale bit, a few people are selling theirs because they cant go or whatever :)

Inferno Orange 182
OMG, just seen where it is in relation to my folks house...it's like 40 miles of sweet sweet country roads away..I've pm'd Luke to let him know I'll be turning up on the day. Thanks for convincing me, gonna have to get up to my folks real early now so I can give the car a wash before I come over :)

Megane GT
OMG, just seen where it is in relation to my folks house...it's like 40 miles of sweet sweet country roads away..I've pm'd Luke to let him know I'll be turning up on the day. Thanks for convincing me, gonna have to get up to my folks real early now so I can give the car a wash before I come over :)

You sound like Dr J! Haha. Obsessive car washing! :) Glad your coming though! The more the merrier!