ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't remount shock after fitting Eibachs

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
Tried fitting some Sportlines this weekend, rears went fine but the fronts...

Ignoring the driver's side being siezed to f**k on the P side the shock bottom now sits too low to be remounted on the hub. Any ideas? I re-assembled the shocks to make sure I hadn't screwed up and compression clamps didn't help at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 68

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Have you jacked up both sides? The ARB will stop it aligning - even then, you need a bit of man the f**k up to get it to allign - I used the wife to push the bolt through as I pulled down on the hub.

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
Yep, car is up on stands so suspension completely unloaded. Didn't think about the ARB so might disconnect it and try again.

Failing that I'll go full r****d strength on it.

Clio 182 Clio 200
I use a big breaker bar and my body weight to push the anti roll bar/wishbone down it's not got a great deal of resistance and you should be able to get the bolts in

As above with something to aid leverage it really doesn't end up being much of a struggle.

I'd stick with option one as the ARB bracket is far, far more difficult to line up/get back on...

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
you can get a screw driver in that and lever it no problem.

As above push screwdriver in bottom hole, lever the holes into alignment, put top bolt in then remove screwdriver and fit bottom bolt. Easy.