ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant get my friggin 360 to connect wirelessly :(

there is a link there with a full signal but when i go to test connection it fails at the wireless network bit, doesnt even get to the ip tests etc

ive tried disabling my encryption with no joy, its prob something simple, anyone any ideas or suggestions?

thanks

my Wii wouldnt connect, i had to put the console next to the router and once id fixed the connection its been fine ever since. Always connects now down in the living room.

Golf GTD
what router have you got? alot are incompatible with xbox360 wireless dongle. it is sounding exactly like when i had my DI624+ and it wouldnt work, despite it being full strength and everything.

i get the DI624 and it works like a charm.

my link signal is full tho, ive tried manually puttin the ip, subnet mask etc but still no joy, right pain in the arse!

my mate uses the same router but with a belkin wireless thing instead of the official one, the mac filtering isnt on

The Bus and MRT
Try updating the firmware on the router, it's likely that if there was a known compatibility issue with the 360 adpater they'll have released and update...

If that fails trying changing the wireless mode on the router between n,b&g or just b

Check the DHPC range on the router as well (the number of addresses the router can give out at one time) and increase it if you've already got the maximum number of devices connected

Use a USB keyboard for entering in WEP or WPA keys as well mate, I only realised it worked after the fourth failure with the pad :D

Golf GTD
definately sounds like your router is incompatible to be honest, your mates will work becuase he is using a bridge and not the official adaptor. for some reason microsoft's official adaptor isnt 100% compatible with every wireless router.

ive done some research and it seems that its fine for wired but there is a prob with the xboxwireless adapter and my router.

a guy who gave a review said he got it workin by manually entering the ip, dns details.

i tried this last night and failed altho i wasnt 100% i was doing it right, how do i know what ip address to give my xbox? my default gateway is 192.168.1.1, my pc is 192.168.5, cant remember what my laptop is, think its .3

so how do i go about doin this manually?

thanks for the help :)

Tappd'd RS
My Draytek wouldn't work wirelessly with the Xbox 360 using WPA encryption. WEP seems to work just fine.

The Bus and MRT
Depends on how many devices you have connected to the router. But basically set the DHCP to how ever many devices you want connected e.g. 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.10 for 9 devices then manually set your 360 to 192.168.1.11(This is just to make sure you don't get a conflicting IP address) make sure the subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 on the router and that should do it. Gateway and DNS on the 360 will both need to be the routers IP so 192.168.1.1