ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get cruise to work

Clio 2 ph2
Hey all
I've been trying to retro-fit cruise-control for a few weeks now,
I have the wiring behind the dash, installed the squib, got the buttons on my steering wheel fitted and wired the clutch-switch-wires together.
Still, can't get the cruise working, no lights on my dash.
I've searched on alot of threads for the solution for this but couldn't find one.

Could you guys help me out?

Thanks!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Your clocks might need reprogamming to enable the cruise control light to show. Your ECU will also need telling the car has cruise control.
What car is it as cruise control is not available on some smaller enginer petrols as the ECU doesn't have a load holding function.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
if youre wiring is correct then it should do.

Putting 12v into the pin on the ECU which turns the cruise control on and off will verify.

Clio 2 ph2
Thank you for your help!
Sorry if it's too much to ask, to you happen to know what pin/where i can find the layout?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thank you for your help!
Sorry if it's too much to ask, to you happen to know what pin/where i can find the layout?
Have you checked you actually have the cruise control wiring on the engine side of the loom as often the wiring is in the dash but stops at the bulkhead connector and then isn't in the ecu.

cruise control is pin 23 in the ecu, speed limiter is pin 49
Pin 77 and 58 are the cruise control button feeds.

Clio 2 ph2
Just from left to right, right?
I do have pin 23, orange cable.
Haven't checked the other ones, Will post a photo in a few hours

Clio 2 ph2
Btw this is the clutch loom bridge, is this correct?

Really appreciate the help btw!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 37

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think the problem lies in the clutch-wire, trying to acquire the right loom now!
Sorry I didn't see the post. Have you tried it without bridging the connection. It shouldn't affect getting the light to show on the dash, only setting it the speed and it being held.

Looking at the diagram you don't need to bridge the connection. The connection is only made when the clutch is down.

Clutch%20switch_zpss59xw5fh.png