ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can't believe the difference!!

1.2 2003 clio
Since I bought my car I've always thought changing gear felt rough and jerky, as it was a first car and I was a new driver I presumed it was just my driving that needed to improve. Over time my driving has being and still is improving but my clio still felt rough to drive no matter how carefully I drove and changed gear.

The other week I saw a video of someone changing their rear engine mount and showing how the gear stick stopped bobbing about. So I thought I might as well give it a go and swap mine.
As I took the old one off I could see the rubber was completely knackered and cracked in several places. Tbh I would say before long it would have given up all together.
Since changing the mount what a difference it has made, not only has the "bobbing" stopped but everything feels different. The whole process of changing gear is miles smoother, even accelerating and letting off feels smooth unlike the jerky ride I had before.
I couldn't believe what a difference replacing just that one mount would actually make to my car. I'm not usually the type of person to put these kind of posts as most of you will already know this but I just thought it was something worth sharing as I was that surprised.