ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

mix and match suspension parts?? im having some problems with me GAZ coilovers, which is doing me head in. Its only the rears, (shocks)first set of shocks leaked fluid all over the shop after two days. Got these replaced, now these havnt leaked but im getting a faint knocking noise from the rear at all speeds, which sounds abit like a bush gone!! you can get this sound by opening the boot and moving the car side to side, or pressing down on the car.... So to prove a point i swapped em for the standard reno items, retaining the gaz spring set up, and suprise suprise, the noise has now dissapered. So not happy with the shocks at all, so say could i get a set of adjustable rears by a different manufacturer, .... which i wanna do, would this set up be ok?

or try GAZ again.... 3rd time lucky?

anybody had similar problems/ thoughts on this

cheers (soz for long post)

Id contact the manurfacturer and give them another chane why waste money replacing somehting that should be ok as standard.
It could just be a faulty batch I had two sets of faulty shocks on my car its just bad luck if they are.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

sent em off this morning, got the standard ones back on for now, and the noise has gone, :Dsome carefull steady driving till i get em replaced is in order!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 21 May 2005

iv got them and im always having problems with them. they are sh*t

waste of money
:cry: so im not the only one....what sort of probs are you having? if these come back noisy im gonna sell em and get some H+Rs...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

no matter how low or high i wind them they will rub and its ot the offset b4 anyone said. im goin to try more. i might even getelectronicly adjustable ones from inside the car. but they are big bucks though