ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you..?

Clio Sport 172
Can you put a turbo kit on a clio 1.8 rsi 8v? If not can u get a supercharger or something similar?

BMW M3 - For Sale!
VERY interestin questions

would like to know more too if anyone could shed any light on this?

n45ty said:
yeh i no but can u do it tho?
Yep depends how much you want to spend you'd need an ecu adjuster to run more fueling so thats £500. A second hand charger from a mini Coooper S some piping and a lot of work and you could have say 160hp say 180 is you lower the compression ratio with another head gasget.
A good 2.0 Willaims engine with some cams will see you about 180hp though.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
O/T i know but this is too funny not to post.

i was waiting for a mate one time at a house party as he was sorting something with his missus (the party was for a group of people a couple years below me in school) and a kid from the party comes out and looks at my car, starts asking another one of my mates who i was with bout my car. he doesnt know so says to ask me.

so he comes up and says...

wait for it....

'yo, what turbo kit you got on that?'

rotffpmsl!

i had to smile, i said it doesnt, its just standard

what a muppet!

Clio Sport 172
Cool, thanks man, im gonna have to do this. How much do u think for parts and fitting?

edde said:
Yep depends how much you want to spend you'd need an ecu adjuster to run more fueling so thats £500. A second hand charger from a mini Coooper S some piping and a lot of work and you could have say 160hp say 180 is you lower the compression ratio with another head gasget.
A good 2.0 Willaims engine with some cams will see you about 180hp though.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
u talkin bout parts and fitting for a 2.0 with cams or for the ecu adjuster, charger etc for the RSi?

n45ty said:
Cool, thanks man, im gonna have to do this. How much do u think for parts and fitting?
Say £1.5k for parts then labour is dependant on who wants the chalenge I'd say £3k for labour if they wanto a project.
best do it yourself but the car will probably be off the road some time.

better off getting i 1.7 turbo volvo engine and using the turbo bits off that. the rsi engine is jUst a larger capacity NA version of the Volvo one.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Mmmm... Turbo... The number 1 replacement of displacement.

I really want a peaky, laggy turbo... just bc... well... I do! I just love peaky turbos, so funny ^_^

I want a bolt-on turbo for my humble 1.4 8v ^_^

-Akira

Clio Sport 172
theduckeatspork said:
better off getting i 1.7 turbo volvo engine and using the turbo bits off that. the rsi engine is jUst a larger capacity NA version of the Volvo one.

so if i get a 1.7 turbo volvo engine i can take the turbo parts and put them on my rsi? what parts are they and how much is a volvo engine?