ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you use Scratch X over a whole panel?

Octavia VRS
I usually just use Scratch X to sort little bits here and there, but could you use it over a whole panel or a large area on your car? Little query after reading some threads.

Cheers,
Kenny

Yeah i do my 19 with it all over at the start of every year after it's been standing up. Also did my gf's old dynamique all over before she sold it

Octavia VRS
fook me!! And it doesn't damage the paintwork in anyway?

would it be after washing but before polishing?

106 GTi
To get the best out of it and remove swirls you have to work it hard, as long as you work it so it breaks down properly it wont hurt your paint.

I've used it the last 3 years on my 19, and will be again soon for the 4th time and not had any probs. I always make sure the car is washed and properly dried, and then use the scratch-x before polishing/waxing etc

As Rich says, you need to work it hard. If you get it done quickly then chances are you're not doing it right!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
how many bottles of it do you need to buy to do a full car mine is covered in swirls and how do you actually use it?

cheers

(sorry for jacking your thread!)

Octavia VRS
I think you would need maybe 2 mate although Rich/Shaun will know better than me. Use a foam applicator to apply it and then a microfibre.

106 GTi
I did the whole of my 182, and still plenty left.

Apply with a foam hand pad or folded terry towel for more bite.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im new to all of this mate so not really got a clue you couldnt link me to a foam hand pad to buy and what ever i need to take it off could you? would be a great help.

also what should i use to wash it before and to polish after? im currently using car plan 3 in 1 car shampoo, probably not the best!

cheers

r-jay said:
I did the whole of my 182, and still plenty left.

Apply with a foam hand pad or folded terry towel for more bite.

Likewise, a tube is enough for 1 1/2 cars, could probably stretch to 2 cars being clio sized

I always use AG bodywork shampoo conditioner first, but thats just because i've got litres of the stuff sitting around. Im tempted to try Meguiars next as I use there stuff for everything else