ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you shoe horn a 197 engine into a 182?

182 inside
i wouldn't bother, why not just get cams,induction and inlet match,decat with hi-flow exhaust. should be good for power and less hassle.

Clio 172 mk2
Why?

What a stupid idea

Can get 200bhp with the 182s engine for less hassle and probably less money.

Cup'd Monaco 172
The engine out of the megane would be the way to go. 197 engine is too much hassle for minimal gain.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i was thinking that, mate a meggy engine to a clio box, and tweek that, 225bhp to start with, you could prob get to 300 on stock items

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i was thinking that, mate a meggy engine to a clio box, and tweek that, 225bhp to start with, you could prob get to 300 on stock items

230bhp in most cases, but you wouldn't get to 300bhp with stock items, you also wouldn't fit it in without lots of work and ££££. Oh and I agree with everyone else, fitting a 197 engine into a 182 is completely pointless.

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
you could get this guy to fit it for you! he looks clueless lol
Dieppe%202007%20027.jpg

Audi TT 225
^^ is it me or does he have some sorta pneumatic butt plug or something?

The 197 is pretty much the size of the megan yeah. Theres very little between em!
This is why Im saying the twingo with a F4R would rock because its mk2 clio size and weight :D

133/225/CLS AMG
As said, I thought the 197 engine was virtually the same as the 182 engine anyway. I'd love to see a 225 engined, Clio but it doesn't sound very feasable.

A twin engines Meg 225 with two re-mapped engines would be far more interesting though.

Great by the way as well. Interesting seeing the new Clio against the Megane, almost looks like the Megane is slightly smaller. I know the roof line is actually lower. They're almost the same size, no wonder the Meg is that much quicker!!

Monblue bombay badboy!
if you look out the window in the factory on some of the pics can see alot of jap cars not alot of french quite worrying really the workers wont drive the cars they bulid!:S

titanium 182,
as far as im aware its pretty much the same bar the manifolds and different mapping now the question that needs to be raised.... is the 197 inlet manifold better than the 172/182 and will it fit under the bonnet as the throttle body sits at a different angle

Mk2 172
Waste of time as far as im concerned. probably notice almost no difference in performance. it would be stupidly expensive and youd probably never be able sell it once it was done. either buy a 197 or mod the 182 to get more power than the 197 or just leave it alone completely. save the money, keep the reliability and keep it like renaultsport intended it to be. its a very finely balanced car as it comes out of the box!

White Sti Hatch
last for pics on the page Caption should be...."Oh S*** Some Ones Taking Pics Better Look Busy !! "

Ph1
225 engine into a cup would be veryyyyy nice

possible??

Well they can put Cossie running gear into mini's so yes, anythings possible. Its all a question of cash at the end of the day

Take one 225 floor pan.

Resize to Clio length and width.

Cut your 182 off at the bottom.

Weld together.

Hey presto - bobs your uncle, f4nny's your aunt one 225 Meggy Clio. Piece of p1ss :rasp:

255 V6 Black Gold
would be pretty good that

how much cash would it be?

just thinking if you got it done you could tune it etc without the usual "caution" you have to aplly if you turbo you n/a clio

How much are the meggy engines for a start ha!

would be pretty good that

how much cash would it be?

just thinking if you got it done you could tune it etc without the usual "caution" you have to aplly if you turbo you n/a clio

How much are the meggy engines for a start ha!
Bit over £5k I'd guess fitted you need to find a place (probably a renault tunner) who would like a project car as such.

As you said the F4RT is a better tunning base for turboing.