ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you shoe horn a 197 engine into a 182?

255 V6 Black Gold
would be pretty good that

how much cash would it be?

just thinking if you got it done you could tune it etc without the usual "caution" you have to aplly if you turbo you n/a clio

How much are the meggy engines for a start ha!
Bit over £5k I'd guess fitted you need to find a place (probably a renault tunner) who would like a project car as such.

As you said the F4RT is a better tunning base for turboing.

i would be up for that if someones up for doing it!!

6000k the turbo kits for clios etc, why not go one better and get a better base to start with. Bang a standard engine in 225 bhp, then boast, maps etc and any mods are just gonna increase it all major

what (iyo) edde would you be able to run on it? 300bhp would be amazing, but is the clio strong enough.

I have about 6000-7000 dispossiable imcome i could look at putting into this...

6000k the turbo kits for clios etc, why not go one better and get a better base to start with. Bang a standard engine in 225 bhp, then boast, maps etc and any mods are just gonna increase it all major

what (iyo) edde would you be able to run on it? 300bhp would be amazing, but is the clio strong enough.

Forget the Renault engine then get the VAG 1.8 T fitted instead much stronger engine and box plus the bits exist off the shelf for serious HP (750hp in the US) a forum member on here had his to 425hp easy enough. Just have a look at AMD etc turbos are all out there its all proven etc.

Limit of the f4rt is how you do it there no real limit it just becomes more expensive and unusable.

300hp ish on the stock f4rt is easy realy bigger compressor wheel and a remp is about all you need safly.

If you have £6k imo get a used cup racer and make it road legal etc its more fun.
or buy a Mk1 172 and have fun track days etc.

Ph1
Another added bonus with the VAG idea is there's always plenty of engines floating about and they are cheap.
Never seen one 225 in at my breakers and their one of the biggest in Scotland!

255 V6 Black Gold

Forget the Renault engine then get the VAG 1.8 T fitted instead much stronger engine and box plus the bits exist off the shelf for serious HP (750hp in the US) a forum member on here had his to 425hp easy enough. Just have a look at AMD etc turbos are all out there its all proven etc.

Limit of the f4rt is how you do it there no real limit it just becomes more expensive and unusable.

300hp ish on the stock f4rt is easy realy bigger compressor wheel and a remp is about all you need safly.

If you have £6k imo get a used cup racer and make it road legal etc its more fun.
or buy a Mk1 172 and have fun track days etc.

yeah matt black,

would love that sort of power in the clio. i know what you mean about getting cup racer or the mk1 172 but i want the car i have now which i love to have more speed and just be rapido whilst on the outside still being a day to day car.

might have to have a look into the 1.8 t engine then,,,

Another added bonus with the VAG idea is there's always plenty of engines floating about and they are cheap.
Yep the engine not easy to get hold of you cna get the laguina version (none VVT) though if need be and por the head etc and cam it just as good then.

255 V6 Black Gold

might have to have a scout on the net for some

any links for breakers which may have um in?

I have the cash like i say, its just who do you give this sort of project to? who would want it as a matter of fact ha.

Ph1
Lots of salvage yards around the country. Best bet is the yellow pages for your area or a google search.

Not sure who you could get to fit it. You'd need to get the engine and gearbox mounts totally re-fabricatd to fit then there's the subframe, exhaust electrics etc etc

Basic engine price starts from 300 - 1000 quid depending on chosen unit

those pictures of the factory are awsome!

I like the fact someone at the factory drives an E type jag!

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Im very interested in going the vag route myself, and have priced up an cupra R engine and 6 speed box for £2000. Still need to know more about it before i start buying engines etc.

Im very interested in going the vag route myself, and have priced up an cupra R engine and 6 speed box for £2000. Still need to know more about it before i start buying engines etc.

Its a lot of work realy you ned the intercooler what ECU/loom are you going to use need.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
get an S3 lump and a 5 speed box - the S3 bottom end is stronger.....if your planning on fitting steel rods and forged pistons it wont matter.

You can keep the standard clio wiring loom ( apart from the engine side of it as you wont need it ) Then contact DTA or Emerald and they will sell you a 1.8T conversion loom which will bolt on and work in limp mode till you get the engine mapped

Dont be put off by what people say - its not as difficult as you think !!