ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you be too old for racing blue?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Is it me or is RB more of a colour for the 18-22 year olds?

Or is it ok for someone over 25 to enjoy and own a RB?

I say... YES it is ok for the oldies!!! check these pictures out that i have stolen from the RS forum. Makes me want to get an RB again.

Originally posted by muffmagnet197
[br]
2.jpg

image11.jpg

image22.jpg

image6.jpg

AUGUST2008.jpg

I used to love how easily the RB would come up looking so nice after a wash. an effortless colour to keep looking good.

Fiat 500 lounge
orange possible...but as you get older you get more boring so prob best silver :p hehe. Why does it matter what people think anyway? Just go for what you like imo

xXx

182-racing-blue

orange possible...but as you get older you get more boring so prob best silver :p hehe. Why does it matter what people think anyway? Just go for what you like imo

xXx

Is that a fact? What is old in your eyes? 25?:(

Im 31 (admittedly I look about 24) and I don't feel out of place driving an RB. :D

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I want a minty one :D

197 seems way more grown up than a 182... not too old for one of those!
And I heart the RB easy clean.

182-racing-blue

how do you mean grown up?

like 197 is an Adults car and the 182 not so?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I suppose because of the new shape? I don't really know how to explain it...but it wasn't meant badly!

Maybe cause in my area there's so many teenagers in clios? Me included.

182-racing-blue

I didn't think it was hun, just having a conversation. x

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Inferno is the only colour for me! (having had boring black/gold/silver...

Gf looks 18 but is 29 :approve:
and a young colour car what more can you ask :rasp:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's fine for under-35's IMO... any further over that and it's a bit OTT

I'm surprised they don't make the 197 in beige ;)

Turbos.
I guess it is a young colour as its a bit attention seeking (ignoring the so called heritage behind it...). I guess if i was over 30 i wouldn't have it, same with the yellow.

Can you really order those Porsche colours from the factory, or Cup racers only?

Mondeo TDCi
think 40 and under any clio is fine, older looks a bit odd but each to their own. If they enjoy driving a clio fair play!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's toughy.... I'd say any Older than 30 and I'd just hope not to be still driving a Clio at all TBH

I see a Guy who is about 40 something in a RB 182 Cup around my way and he doesn't look odd in it though.

182-racing-blue

Some of these comments are ridiculous. The only person that looks rediculous in an RB 182 is Jeremy Clarkson. I will own mine until it dies on the track one day. Oh I'm old, better get a black car. Maybe an Austin Allegro estate in an off white, bone, beige, creamy brownie colour with beaded seat covers and a traffic light air freshner.

I work with a guy who has just bought a Smart Crossblade (google it) and he is 41. This is a car with no roof, doors and it's November AND he is 6'3. Looks like a right numpty but he loves it!!!

Ageist FTL!!!

I think its a gawjus colour but I do think that it is for younger people xXx

lol, hardly a massive differnce in age 22 to 25?

I do agree though. I really used to like it, but after viewing a couple in the metal when I was buying mine I went off it.

Same as LY. Gone off that.

Static Low
I love RB. I see an older guy about 40-50 in a renault sport clio around town and i think hes pretty cool tbh :clown: :approve:

Mondeo TDCi
Just read this post and its ruined my day, looks like i have to by smething else now

What?!! If you like they colour of your car thats all that matters, not what other people think. I wish I had a RB!!

182-racing-blue

:DAre :Dyou:D paying :D208 :Dquid:D fully :Dcomp :Dthough???:D

Didn't think so. :approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
roffle, i thought my 425 full comp was good.

interesting respnoses guys and gals. i wish they would do the orange and green but jeremy won't give anything away... :(

yeah mid life crisis approaching! ;)