ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can someone please confirm what clio exhaust this is please?

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi.

I've had to buy an emergency backbox off of eBay to tide me over until I get a decent system... But the seller, said it was off his ph2 clio 172 as mine. But, after it arrived today and I took it to the local garage the mech said it simply isn't the right one..

So, can someone please identify what version of clio (if indeed it IS a clio) exist this is?

top 4 photos at..

http://carsinalbion.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/forester.html

Many many thanks.

Longstaff

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
doesn't look quite like a 172 exhaust, could it be for a lower engine size model?

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
The join section to the centre pipe positioning looks a lot like I remember an old K-tec supplied exhaust looking like (sure it was labelled up as a "Tiger" manufactured one though K-tec sold it under their own branding).

I'd be tempted to suggest it was an older style stealth back box from K-tec were it not for the mount point being welded on rather than a bolt on band so my vote is a custom made job, Powerflow or the likes - Its certainly not a Renault one!

Foz turbo S & a 172
I'd be tempted to suggest it was an older style stealth back box from K-tec were it not for the mount point being welded on rather than a bolt on band so my vote is a custom made job, Powerflow or the likes - Its certainly not a Renault one!

..blimey, thanks ALY. So is it saveable? Can I do anything with it or demand a refund?

cheers everybody.

L

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just looks like a shitty, mild steel kwik-fit style exhaust. I pulled something like that off my car, when I replaced my full system.

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
The mount and join section looks about right for a phase 2 Clio, the only bit that is putting me off a little is the length of the tailpipe after the box, it does appear a little long but its hard to tell from the pics you've posted.

Have a look here, there are loads of pics of back boxes with similar joins and mounts and what you have bought looks consistent with other cars.
Without being under the car and seeing what the centre piece is like on yours its difficult to say how your garage have came to their conclusion but I would have thought somewhere could make it fit easily enough. We're spoilt round my way in that we have a guy that can do anything with exhausts he'd have that fitted in no time, whether you've a standard centre or and aftermarket.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=C...php%3F572239-exhaust-options%2Fpage2;1280;851

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
I would say it is stainless, albeit manky and unloved (should be shiny still under all that krud), but aftermarket and probably not directly fitted to an OE centre section as I suspect you have on your car.

Depends what your ebay seller has described it as, as to what action you want to take on it.

Foz turbo S & a 172
I would say it is stainless, albeit manky and unloved (should be shiny still under all that krud), but aftermarket and probably not directly fitted to an OE centre section as I suspect you have on your car. Depends what your ebay seller has described it as, as to what action you want to take on it.

..many thanks ALY, Going off those Google Images where the hangeris and the length of the pipe and where the bend is, the thing I've bought looks like the KTEC stealth backbox......so....its just a matter of getting someone to 'match' it to the first length from the cat I hqave already there.....Or, is this not do-able?

cheers to all..

L