ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someome with a 200

GTD, Lupo
Please take a picture of the space between the left hand head light and the black bumper trim please.

I highlighted the area in this picture.

DSC_0376.jpg

I had some warranty work carried out last year and something just doesnt look right. Just need to make sure im right before i take it too the garage.

As close as possible would be ace.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
Not so much sagging but it looks like they have forced the black section back on and it has gone the wrong side of a clip resulting in the black trim being warped and an unsightly rivet thing sticking out :(

I will get a picture of mine up laters to show what i mean.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
Ok Da posted up some pictures on another forum to confirm what was the problem. I took some pictures earlier in the week so will be calling the dealershp tomorrow to get it booked in :(

Here my left light and it looks totally normal same as Daz`s
DSC_0757.jpg

And here is the affending part. As you can see the is a warped section of the black part just under the light and it has a big bump in it. Not so much in the picture. :( The bit where the black and white meets also has a large gap. You can also see the strange rivet thing that is poking up.

DSC_0756.jpg

Done a quick splice of the two next to each other.

gap.jpg

Also looks a little strange here as you can see the white behind the black section. Almost as if somethiung has broken off or been removed as they were struggling to get it to fit.

DSC_0759.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Paul

V6 255
That doesn't look right, I'll have a look on mine when I stick some clothes on

BTW, the reflection on the bumper in the last shot is epic

GTD, Lupo
No update on this really as i had a manic day at work and have only just got in :(

Cheers louise for the pics.

Story is that i had the front end replaced under warrenty last year as one of the clips was broken that held the section below the bonnet on. They sprayed the new bumber and told me it would take 2 hours to fit. 2 hours turned into 2 days and they had to replace the frame the bumber went onto as the original was twisted. Got the car back and gave the paint work a good look over but never really looked at the fit too closely :(. Noticed it wasnt right a couple of months later but i ended up going to afghan and never took it down. Was thinking it wasnt too bad but someone else asked me if i had hit someone and now it bugs me :D

Also noticed when giving the car a good clean the black insert section must have just been laid face down on the floor when removed as it has scratchies all over the face but i think these will buff out once i get my DA back.

Will hopefully find 10 mins tomorrow to get it booked in along with the brakes which i can no longer put up with the squeeeeeeeccccccccckkkkkkking!!!!

Paul

Mine squeeks loads too, did u get em fixed. You probs just got the answer "they are just not hot enough".

GTD, Lupo
OK.........

Well i dropped the car off today to get the following work done:

Remove and replace the black insert so it is seated correctly.
Paint the Rivets/fastners black as silver ones had been used.

What i really got was pissed off and in total disbelief at what they had actually done. They had painted the tops of the rivets but i think had done this without even removing the bumper and have put a nice line of black paint all the way along the underside of the LH headlight. It reflects onto the black insert and looks crazy. I also have the massive gap that was there before.

But...

The best part of all is when it came to the white section showing through from behind the black insert as in this pic.

DSC_0759.jpg

I will give you one guess at how they fixed this and im sure if you think of the laziest way in the world or atleast in that region you would guess right in thinking that they just painted the white area behind the black section black. I was so shocked... still pissed off now and that was an hour ago. The car is again booked in for the 24th and i have a courtesy car as i want it sorted correctly this time and no rushed job.

I will try and get some picture up in an hour or so. The craziest thing of all is that the body shop is run by VW and you would think they would be a class above renault.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
Now i have some pics.

White section coloured in black :mad:

DSC_0793.jpg

Gap still there.

DSC_0788.jpg

Crinkle effect on the black insert coursed by paint on the headlamp where im guessing they squeesed the brush in to paint the rivets.

DSC_0798.jpg

Am i being unresonable to kick up a stink about this?

Paul

Last edited:

Da

Less
That is a shocking effort Paul, I definitely would be kicking up a big stink!

Looks like something a DIYer would do to try and hide the poor fitment, not something a bodyshop would do.

Post this over on the RenaultSport forum mate, should get RUK's attention. Oh and name the dealer too.

GTD, Lupo
That is a shocking effort Paul, I definitely would be kicking up a big stink!

Looks like something a DIYer would do to try and hide the poor fitment, not something a bodyshop would do.

Post this over on the RenaultSport forum mate, should get RUK's attention. Oh and name the dealer too.

I told the guy in the Body shop my girlfriend could have done a better job with her nail varnish. Im more than happy to name and shame but, i wouldnt mind getting it all sorted first. I was thinking about putting it up on the renault site but so far renault have been pretty helpfull its just the body shop who dont seem to want to have anything to do with the car and produce efforts like the above.

Feck it, i get more pissed everytime i look at the pics so will post up on Renault forum.

Paul

Da

Less
I would - RUK will contact the dealer in question and they'll get bollocked for a repair of that quality.

My front end, for comparison -

DSC00323.jpg

Oh and my Brembos squeak too, I just brake harder ;)

GTD, Lupo
i'd be miffed too. i can't believe they painted it black instead of fixing it!!

I know it was shocking.

I really dont want to take it back to that bodyshop. I have posted up on the RS forum so i hope someone nice from renault will get in contact and arrange another bodyshop to do the work.

I also have another issue with the bodyshop but i cant prove they coursed the damage to my car so i will keep that to myself :(

Paul

Da

Less
I would too, it's in their interests to keep you happy.

I had a 182 alloy replaced FOC without any real proof that the dealer had caused the damage. I was 99% certain though as I'd know if I kerbed an alloy...

GTD, Lupo
Ok well my other thing i think the body shop done the first time they replaced the bumper was to lay the black insert section face down on the floor with no protection as its got a loads or small scratches almost as if it has turned while on the floor. Dont know if its worth flagging this up aswell, they are very small but noticable if you look close. They are two uniformed for it to be bad cleaning technique and i would have had no reason to take the bumper of and if i did i would put it back together correctly.

Paul

Nissan 350z
I wouldnt try and complicate the issue, keep it easy to follow and understand.

As it stands you've had a poor repair done and you want it sorted. The bumper they attached doesnt line up and now your headlight has been coated in black paint to hide the poor fit by the garage. Id leave it at that to be honest.

GTD, Lupo
Ok guys small update on this one.

Dropped the car down around 09:30 on tuesday the 24th. Got a call about an hour later from the body shop saying it will not be seen too untill later in the day and they asked if i didnt mind collecting the car on wednesday. I said "yeah" no problem as they had given me a courtesy car so i could still get around. So i waited all day for a call and just before i left for work at 17:00 i decided to see what was going on. Well the car still hasnt been looked at and i have now been told it will be done tomorrow. I called renault back (as the body shop is VW) and told the lad on the service desk, he apologized and booked the car out for another day.

Now im struggling to see how this has or might take a minimum of 48 hours to get sort and im not holding my breath that the car will be ready tomorrow at this rate. I have seen an engine change been done in 6 hours but to remove a bumper and put it back on correctly in 48 is pushing it a little.

Im going to give the garage one last chance to get it right and if that fails i guess all i can do is contact RUK as the renault garage and the body shop just seem to think this is totally normal. No one seems at all shocked that i put the car in 48 hours ago for a 2 hour job and nothing has been done and the fact i have not even be given a phone call to tell me whats going on.

Paul

Abarth 500 Essesse
Sounds about normal Paul, got my first service coming up and really don't want to take it to Renault but haven't got much choice i suppose.

GTD, Lupo
Well got the car back again and its no better, its actually worse :(

I now have paint chips on the black insert and headlight. Plus the bumper is still not fitted correctly.

Just got off the phone to RUK and they were about as helpful as a wet paper bag. They are telling me that they can do pretty much feck all as the bodyshop my local Renault use are a 3rd party. As if i was meant to know this was the case and its my issue. The RUK guy is now calling my local garage to find out what the issue is and get the story from both sides.

Really just dont know what to do now and im loosing the love for the car. I can see this becoming a big ball of crap and its going to get bigger and bigger the longer it goes on.

Paul

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Drive it to a Renault garage mate, either that or you're really not making your point clear enough to RUK, as tbh if I were you I'd be fecking fuming!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's what happens mate, you complain about something that will never be perfect.

Bear in mind it's not a £100,000 car and the bumpers are made from formed plastic.

I know you have a right to have the car right whether it be a £10 car or a £14,000 car but those kinda things are factory finishes. You could look at 10 more and at least 5 would have the same problem.

Look at brand new fiat's. The wing gaps I could get my head in. I'm not saying Renault are bad but there has to be some come and go.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How appropriate Gal'ster....

I was about to post ,alternatively, cheer up, don't worry about it, and just enjoy driving the car, I'm sure you'll soon forget about it when it's canned in stone chips!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The painting of the part ect... is totally unacceptable but there needs to be some come and go.

The black bit probably sat like that before warranty but you never noticed it. Because they have worked on that area it has now drawhn you eye to it.

GTD, Lupo
That's what happens mate, you complain about something that will never be perfect.

Bear in mind it's not a £100,000 car and the bumpers are made from formed plastic.

I know you have a right to have the car right whether it be a £10 car or a £14,000 car but those kinda things are factory finishes. You could look at 10 more and at least 5 would have the same problem.

Look at brand new fiat's. The wing gaps I could get my head in. I'm not saying Renault are bad but there has to be some come and go.

The painting of the part ect... is totally unacceptable but there needs to be some come and go.

The black bit probably sat like that before warranty but you never noticed it. Because they have worked on that area it has now drawhn you eye to it.

I get your point Gally but the original issue was pointed out the day i picked the car up with only 5.2 miles on the clock and a clip/bracket under the bonnet had snapped due to the stress the front bumper was under due to the being and still being a major issue with the front end. I was then given the car back with a new bonnet. At the time i was more interested at the state of the paint work and didnt focus on the fitting as much as i should have done at the time.

I have now looked at 7 other 200 and have photos on around 4 other members and none have a front bumper that sits as badly as mine.

I think the biggest thing that pisses me of just a little bit is the fact people (RUK included) Seem to think that because its a Renault its fine to have a screwed up front end on a 1 year old car.

How appropriate Gal'ster....

I was about to post ,alternatively, cheer up, don't worry about it, and just enjoy driving the car, I'm sure you'll soon forget about it when it's canned in stone chips!

This is the upside to owning the car and i do very much so enjoying it.

My biggest issue is if i should keep chasing this up? I spoke to RUK midday today and they said they will contact the garage then call me back but in typical Renault style i have heard nothing. I have also take it to another renault Bodyshop and they even said what they have done is wrong, but if RUK turn round a say "not our issue" there is pretty much nothing i can do. I think im just going to run my car down to a body shop that i have always used in the past and pay out my own pocket for them to find out what the issue is.

I will get some pics of the fresh damage tomorrow.

Paul