ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can MBP's output at a higher resolution than native??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Basically, I don't want to go out and buy the adapter etc that's necessary to get my MBP to plug into my tv, if it's going to be worse than my dell laptop.

When I plug my dell laptop into the TV I can output at 1080p as long as it's LCD only.

Will the MBP be the same??

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yes, you can run the MBP at native and then the TV at 1080p, if you make anything full screen though, videos, etc. The MBP screen will go blank.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I haven't tried it (if you read anything other than the title) you'd see I didn't want to buy the connector without confirmation it would work!

Cheers people :)

Monaro VXR
Even your dell should be able to run the inbuilt monitor at native and an external at its native res. Fairly normal provided you set it all up correctly.

In my honest opinion though, while OSX is basically easier and better with just about everything. I honestly think windows does a better job at handling multiple displays.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I honestly think windows does a better job at handling multiple displays.

Humn....I'm guessing you've never seen the amazing Windows trick of "windows on an invisible monitor", if you happen to put the monitors in a different configuration. You end up wondering why applications don't open, yet you alt tab and they appear there....you then realise that they are indeed open, you just can't get to them. So you end up having to change the monitor configuration so that you can find the window and drag it somewhere where the window will exist in both configurations.

Windows really should check to see if a window is completely out of the visible desktop, and if it is, it should bring it back to somewhere visible.

Monaro VXR
Humn....I'm guessing you've never seen the amazing Windows trick of "windows on an invisible monitor", if you happen to put the monitors in a different configuration. You end up wondering why applications don't open, yet you alt tab and they appear there....you then realise that they are indeed open, you just can't get to them. So you end up having to change the monitor configuration so that you can find the window and drag it somewhere where the window will exist in both configurations.

Windows really should check to see if a window is completely out of the visible desktop, and if it is, it should bring it back to somewhere visible.

Never had that problem, I do occasionally leave some of my monitors turned off and windows will be on them. Yet I don't want to turn them on, watching a film or something on the main monitor. I simply go to the task bar, right click and pick the option that says "Move".