ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone tell me what this noise is??

Titanium PH1
I found the video on youtube...and its an identical noise to what im getting on my 172cup.

Waterpump?

Apologies if im posting in the wrong area still trying to get used to tapatalk.

Thanks in advance Sean

sounds like an exhaust bearing might be on it's way

in all seriousness though you haven't really given us any clue to what noise your getting or a link to the video

can you pin point an approx location the noise is coming from? aux belt area? gearbox area?

if it's aux belt area, i'd get the aux belt off and spin all the pulleys and check the bearings for any play, if you can't find anything wrong with any of them, try starting the engine with the aux belt off and see if the noise is still present.

thanks

Titanium PH1
The video is not my car...so dont worry. Just found this on youtube and the whining sounds like mine its like a really hollow metal dry noise. Ive done a bit of research and going to change the pump tomorrow. Il let you know