ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone tell me what this is ?!?!!?

etd3dk.gif

Warning light under fuel ?

Jap Box
Ive got that up on mine, the top one is "Injection system light" no idea what one below it is as ive only got the square with swirls in there.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Ive just had the box with the heartbeat running through it on mine, turned out to be broken wires and connectors in the engine loom :(

Jap Box
Ive just had the box with the heartbeat running through it on mine, turned out to be broken wires and connectors in the engine loom :(

Thinking about it ive got wires on the right that have been patched up with tape so it could possibly be them :(

Ahh ill have to get that looked at now too. Was it causing you any problems?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Its been a nightmare, had the belts done and the warning light came on the same day, the garage kept fobbing me off that it was the cat getting used to the proper fuelling again. Problem was persistant and found that it would come on either when starting the engine or after few minutes of running, when it did the car struggled to have any power an unable to accelarate :( second garage finally confirmed broken wires so they spent ages going through all the engine loom finding the broke ones. Maybe worth considering as clio's dont seem to have the best of wiring lol

Jap Box
Yes pre 53 1.2 sport.

Not mine before you ask lol, a lad local to myself.

The one with the coil underneath is the one i mean.

Yep thats the one im talking about, thought it was lambda sensor to begin as mine read up -7milion odd degrees on the clip, replaced it but its come back again now so must be something else.

Jap Box
Its been a nightmare, had the belts done and the warning light came on the same day, the garage kept fobbing me off that it was the cat getting used to the proper fuelling again. Problem was persistant and found that it would come on either when starting the engine or after few minutes of running, when it did the car struggled to have any power an unable to accelarate :( second garage finally confirmed broken wires so they spent ages going through all the engine loom finding the broke ones. Maybe worth considering as clio's dont seem to have the best of wiring lol

Mine came on after the backbox fell off and it had to have a whole new exaghst put on there center pipe and back. Did also go to have cat replaced but they said nothing was wrong with mine and sent me on my way.

Mine comes on when you turn ignition on, stays on for 3 seconds then goes off and I dont see it again until next time I start the ignition.

Yes pre 53 1.2 sport.

Not mine before you ask lol, a lad local to myself.

The one with the coil underneath is the one i mean.

I would go with the guys having issues with the car either going into limp mode and not going over 3K or the car sitting reving its tits off by itself as a symptom?

If so have a look at the back of the engine block, there will be a black metal cover, pull that off and I bet the wires underneath have been exposed.

Golf GTD Mk7
Surely it's just coil pack? Wasn't that the most common on these. Or was that just the 1.4? What symptoms does the car have? or is it just the light on?

no problems with the car at all. with the light on or not...sometimes i have to turn the car off the get rid of the light or else it will go away 10 secs after it comes on.

the car is BOG standard(no centrel locking, window winders,non sport headlights,no rev counter) so i dont think there is a limp mode(i have the car 2.5 yrs)
starter is refurbished(it gave up),2 month old battery

i haven't done any work on it recently for the light to come on

thanks for the help:)

fast one
This has come up on mine tonight, car feels bit juddery and lumpy on idle. Ita a 1.2 clio 2002.

Is it gonna hurt my wallet or if i qish really really hard will it go away on its own?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Look behind your engine, if you see a black metal box, pull it off and check the wires are still intact.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
That light is for the glow plugs on a diesel. If a glow plug is faulty then the light will stay on. It should come on briefly when the ignition is switched on then go off when the glow plugs are warmed up.
Is the car hard to start when it's very cold weather? Usually the cure is to change the glow plugs. Similar to changing spark plugs but they can be tight to remove so take care not to snap them off.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I can't figure out why that light would show on a petrol engine though as it shouldn't be in use.
The big block connector on the back of the ecu may have a break in one of the wires going into it from the loom though which could cause a short circuit. I had that on my 172 about 3 years ago. It turned out that someone had stuck a sharp probe into to one of the wires and water got into it and caused the core to corrode to the point where it turned to powder. I had to get an auto electrician to graft a couple of sections of new cable into the loom to sort it.
With my car it just refused to start one day. Thought it was the immobiliser but it was the corroded wires.