ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can a Clio 182 headlight be stripped ?

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,
I was just wondering if a Clio 182 headlight (xenon) can be stripped because I want to modify the inside and also the grey bit paint black ? Wasn't sure if I can be done without breaking it open or if it will forever leak lol
Also if anyone has any pictures that would be great
Thanks all
Ben

I've taken apart halogen and xenon. The grey surround is held on by a couple of screws but if you paint them you will still have the standard grey colour on the edge of the lens. I used a heatgun and a screwdriver to remove the lenses, then tiger seal to seal them together. The plastic manual adjusters on the xenon are made out of soft cheese, so be careful when trying to prize it open and manhandling the light. When I first did my lights there was a problem with condensation but I took them apart and resealed them with the tiger seal and now they are fine. Good luck Ben

Clio 220 PH2
I've taken apart halogen and xenon. The grey surround is held on by a couple of screws but if you paint them you will still have the standard grey colour on the edge of the lens. I used a heatgun and a screwdriver to remove the lenses, then tiger seal to seal them together. The plastic manual adjusters on the xenon are made out of soft cheese, so be careful when trying to prize it open and manhandling the light. When I first did my lights there was a problem with condensation but I took them apart and resealed them with the tiger seal and now they are fine. Good luck Ben
That's brilliant thank you very much I fancy having a play with them and painting the grey bits black give it a meaner look haha
Thank you very much it's very much appreciated :)