ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camping at Blyton - what do you need?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
A long time since we went camping, the Mrs and I - about 10 years (West of France, rained all the time and we hated it LOL)
We're staying the Saturday night at Blyton for the music- looking forward to it

Weve got a tent, which we are gonna check out and put up in back garden over the weekend, to ensure pegs and poles are all there, and little stove kettle to make a cuppa in the morning. A liitle light, getting couple sleeping bags and have a double and single airbed and inflator

Any tips on what else we should bring?

2014 Clio 200t edc
A padded coat or similar for when your missus attacks you because it's cold and raining and she needs somewhere to plug her straighteners in.

Reactions: Gus

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
A long time since we went camping, the Mrs and I - about 10 years (West of France, rained all the time and we hated it LOL)
We're staying the Saturday night at Blyton for the music- looking forward to it

Weve got a tent, which we are gonna check out and put up in back garden over the weekend, to ensure pegs and poles are all there, and little stove kettle to make a cuppa in the morning. A liitle light, getting couple sleeping bags and have a double and single airbed and inflator

Any tips on what else we should bring?
Mallet for tent pegs
Warm clothes for the evening (although it's mild, it's open and often windy up there)
Chair(s)

Reactions: Gus

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of pillows.

Not to bite, but I often find I get a better nights sleep with pillows.

If you are bringing the missus fetch the duvet as well. It will allow sexy time, but more importantly warm time at 0400.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

100% this due to @JP83 as he could make a skyscraper crumble.

If you get Chinese have a fork in your bag or you are eating with sticks and your fingers.

if your car alarm goes off expect a large scream of "SHUT THE CUN*ING SCRAPPER UP" which @Gus will confirm.

Dont be a spanner like a hand full of us and decide to pack up at 1am and have a shite drive home.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lots of beer
A chair
Snacks
Bottled water
Flip flops (communal shower floor...!)
A light
A big coat for the obligatory 2am “f**k me it’s freezing” chat around the stereo/fire.
Bin bags