ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber/toe for track dayers.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What's peoples set up on track.

I'm going to book into blink in the next two weeks. I want a neutral car, I'm no race driver nor drift king. Think currently I have -1.5 camber on the front with -2 on the rear with shims. No white line rear bar. Have got toe out but can't remember how much. The car seems to handle well but I'd like more turn in. Any pointers would be great

And @Ph1 Tom id appreciate feedback from you

Oh and @Pauleds

:)

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Whiteline arb would certainly help the turn in, it certainly did with my car (on hard setting - never tried it on soft)
I quite like the rear to be quite loose/tail happy, but that's not to everyone's liking so an arb on soft might be a good start.
Tom has got the reinforced rear beam rather than a whiteline arb, but that has a similar result apparently.
As for my other settings, I really can't remember. New car will be set up at my mates new tracking centre in Oswestry -
http://www.gwa4wheelalignmentcentre.com/

What's peoples set up on track.

I'm going to book into blink in the next two weeks. I want a neutral car, I'm no race driver nor drift king. Think currently I have -1.5 camber on the front with -2 on the rear with shims. No white line rear bar. Have got toe out but can't remember how much. The car seems to handle well but I'd like more turn in. Any pointers would be great

And @Ph1 Tom id appreciate feedback from you

Oh and @Pauleds

:smile:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers paul. Do you know how much they charge? If it's good enough for you to take your car there I'm more than happy taking mine there mate.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
25 for tracking, caster adjustments 10 per axle, camber adjustments 10 per axle (where things can be adjusted of course)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just checked on there website. Take it his background is racing of some sort mate?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I take mine to Buckley Tyres. Its £29 for toe and £49 for camber/caster on the front so similar prices to where Paul goes.

My settings are front 3 degrees negative camber, 3.3 degrees positive caster, 20 minutes toe out. On the rear its 1.8 degrees negative camber and parallel toe.

I used to run parallel toe on the front but the toe out really helps turn in. Any less than 3 degrees of camber results in outer tyre wear.

The rear beam stiffening kit has made a great difference, really impressed with it. Seems much more stable and less roll.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tom/paul gives me something to look into when I get it done. Tom the rear stiffening kit, what's involved in that?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok mate. Not something I could manage, was getting confused with the footrest paul sold me.

I wasn't but it's so you know what stage of mechanical know how I'm at.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yeah just checked on there website. Take it his background is racing of some sort mate?

His background is building cars as a hobby really, and now this is a sideline for him. He got fed up with tweeks and the like setting up his cars so got himself the Hunter setup. Hasn't been open long, but my Motorsport mates are starting to use him now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf it was straight forward. Knowing my lack of capabilities and patience I was quietly impressed I didnt drill through the engine block, lol.