ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber Or Toe?

Titanium 182
Hi, my car will soon be going in to have the alignment checked and adjusted but they won't touch the camber. I have myself a camber gauge so I can rectify this myself (I have Eibach camber bolts). Is there a correct order in which to do this? Should I adjust camber first and then get the toe sorted? Or is it the other way around? I just don't want to "undo" any adjustments if I do it in the wrong order! This should have been done quite a few weeks ago but I've had a an alarm issue, electrical issue and battery problems holding me up :down:

Also to save making a new thread... could bad wheel alignment cause pretty heavy steering? PAS fluid is at perfect level and tires all have the correct pressures and are less than 4k miles old. I can hear the system working if I turn the wheels when stationary. There is definitely some assistance as I've driven a few manual rack cars and no how hard these can be, but compared to my last 182 and other cars I've driven, it's really very very heavy. Hopefully the pump isn't giving up as I believe this is an expensive job!

Thanks all!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Camber first, then tracking. You need to do the tracking immediately afterwards though ideally as you will be getting massive amounts of toe in after camber adjustment.

Sounds like your pump is on its way out too I'm afraid.

Titanium 182
Camber first, then tracking. You need to do the tracking immediately afterwards though ideally as you will be getting massive amounts of toe in after camber adjustment.

Sounds like your pump is on its way out too I'm afraid.
Thanks very much I'll get camber sorted asap then! Yea looks to be that way, no horrid noises yet just a "sshh" type noise when I turn my wheel but I think that's normal anyway? Maybe by some miracle the tracking will completely sort it haha

Thanks again