ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt change

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

How much should I expect to pay for the cambelt to be changed?

Getting it does in a week so was just wondering!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think BB and KTEC adevertise their prices on website for this type of work so look there.

Titanium 182

120/ 140 on a 16v is very cheap, there is some on here who fitts them for 60 nicker if u look in the for sale sec

when having the cambelt changed it is a good idea to change the tensioner and pully. without having this done should cost you about £140 with this being done including part, torsion tuning will do it 4 £240, BB tuning 4 £340.

just had mine done at torsion tuning last week.

Pete

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by Pete-W on 20 September 2003

when having the cambelt changed it is a good idea to change the tensioner and pully. without having this done should cost you about £140 with this being done including part, torsion tuning will do it 4 £240, BB tuning 4 £340.

just had mine done at torsion tuning last week.

Pete

What do those bits do then?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Yeh id like to knoiw too - I got told mine wasnt working properly the tensioner base or summat - how much is that to do on its own?

not 100% sure what each part does, but from the names and the small amount i know the tensioner will keep tension in the cambelt and the pully acts a roller to keep it moving smoothly.

to have either of these chaged would £200 as exactly same amount of work as changing cambelt so mite as well have new belt fitted. just less £40 for tensioner part if not replaced. (so £200 not £240)

give u the number for torsion tuning when i got my pnone on me tomoz. just give him a call after 6.30.

sure you wont find a better price anywhere and if you were going to go to bb tuning is in similar area.

Pete