ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Calling All Mechanics ***

rite when i boot it in first i get s strange vibration from the wheels , not wheels spin though weird cuase when i put it into second it seems to disapear its like only when the engines under stress, it sometimes hapend when i boot it in 3rd aswell , i got told it could be drivshaft wot ya all rekon or could it be the engine mounts,

helpppppppppppp

n e way cars in for a service in the morning could get them to look at it

Cheers

right

gearbox
driveshaft
clutch slip

unlikely to be engine or gearbox mount due to the fact it only happens in one gear

yer wheels are tight , and checked all tyres seem fine , oh well cars in for a servie soon see what they come up with , cheers people

rite just got a fone call from the service garage, he is sayin where it is so lowered the driveshafts are pointing upwards or something , so this vibration is expected,

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

sh*t, i have the same problem! Whats that bambam about the lowering?? Can it be solved. I cant take off in 1st really anymore cause it judders awfully so i take it a bit easy in first then boot in 2nd... Ive only had a 35mm drop!

~David~

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Badboy ....what did he say about the driveshafts?? I said bambam for some reason in last post!?? Can it be solved?

Quote: Originally posted by badboy_mc on 23 October 2003

rite just got a fone call from the service garage, he is sayin where it is so lowered the driveshafts are pointing upwards or something , so this vibration is expected,

What!?

Thats utter crap, it doesnt matter what angle the drive shaft is at, it rotates through 360deg for god sake.! It still spins the same way at any angle. That mechanic has no idea what hes talking about!

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Barryd on 23 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by badboy_mc on 23 October 2003

What!?

Thats utter crap, it doesnt matter what angle the drive shaft is at, it rotates through 360deg for god sake.! It still spins the same way at any angle. That mechanic has no idea what hes talking about!
I agree, just wears out the join faster!

19 16V

The driveshafts were never designed to sit at an angle that lets say a 60-70mm drop forces them... stupidy ned cars go through driveshafts

Yeah, basically lowering a car will cause the driveshafts to wear a little faster than normal. But to be honest even a 70mm drop isnt going to put them at that much of an angle.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Is there anyway to sort it/avoid it or anything?? how come every1 isnt having this issue???!

rite yer i have the wot seems to be the smae as your dave, got it back ,the fella said it was casue of the lowering cause the driveshafts aint sittin

0--[ ]--0 < suppsoed to be like that but there more like

0 \ [ ] / 0 < now becasut of the lowring

god knows what can be done , if some one can help sort this out much appericiated, or does every one rekon it has to be new drivesafts , how hard aree these to fit and and how much indervidualy are they

yer seesm to be a wierd pattern amergine, so wot the hell can be done , if 1.6 16v gets this even b 4 lowering i am really stuck

C

chip16v

Sounds to me like the vibration your talking about is when the tryres are spinning and then gripping really fast as you are trying to boot it. its sort of like ABS but the other way round. have you got bigger alloys on with low profiles on because this makes it worse(vibration wise)

no no definatley not spinning, i can say make the car crawl then boot it at still feel the vibration, its not like a whole skae the car to peices but you can definatley feel it , i really dunno wot to suggest

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Its weird ... i have been playing about with mine. Tried to boot it from start and the problem is there definitely, its like a juddering which on mine keeps going from about 3500 revs all the way to 6500 where the engine disengages. Then @ 2nd gear everything is fine. I have tried booting it in 1 st directly after a good burn from 4th and everything is fine then!!!! How weird is that. I have even tried to find a way of avoiding the vibration all together and the only way i found was to accelearate hard in 1st (without putting ur foot flat to the floor), then change up into 2nd at about the 4000 mark, i dunno thats the only way i figured of avoiding it but i am pretty worried about it. I have asked a mechanic mate of mine who has no idea. Asked the guys at the body shop i use and they got no idea either. I rang up r-tec to tell them the problem and they rekon they have never had this issue before and would only be able to help if i drove up there again and took one of them out for a spin. I am just worried its screwing up my car and i dont really know. Badboy, have u had any developments?

~David~

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Fred u havent had any juddering in 1st then? Hes dropped 110mm so it must be on 1.6s only then! Thats weird. I hope its nothing serious...the investigation continues...

~David

yer i will let you do the r-tec trip , mine is worrying me to , i had 4 people in me car 2day and it was alot worse , when the cars heavier so it must have summin to do with it, i think i t is worrying aswell that freds is so low and hes havin nooo problems , maybe justa a 1.6 thing ,

ne one else havin the same problem

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

What do u thnik it is though...if u take it a bit easy its ok no problem really...dont get it.

mines got exactly the same simptons but i dont think as dramatic. Ive now got 17s on and the problems still there. It isnt consistent with me though. Weight deffinatly effects though. Its worse when you drop the clutch. ive told father, mechanics, friends and they say its wheelspin but im 85% sure its not.

Mine is not bad enougth for any worrying though

well i aint sure wot route to take now, spoke to mechanics and they just sugest its the driveshaft, and unfortunatley mine is bad enough for me to worry about, if any body has n e light i would seriously like to know where and wot to do now , is it just a case of replacing driveshafts

Titanium 182

well my valver is slammed 70 on the front and the drive shafts do sit upward, but it doesnt do that sh*t!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Without a doubt this is not wheel spin...im worried. I can only describe it as a juddering all over the car, kind of shakes, but only in 1st. Also only if ur from a stand stil. If ur moving it dont happen either, i just dont undertstand it.

Revels Mum & Sister

Try rining

BB Performance Tuning

K-Tec

Hillpower

If there is a problem sure they can help you sort it. As for the Driveshafts they will only WEAR quicker as said before. Listen to the people that have posted. I am about the 4th to say it. Your mechanic has no idea what he is saying!!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Only happens when u boot it in 1st. Foot to the floor style.

I am seriously considering taking it back to r-tec where i had it lowered to c if they know what it is.

Its a new car! dont want drive shafts screwing up.

NickyB- clutch!?!? u think>? i dunno cant c why.

Liquid-rining??!? People whove posted dont know what it is. Not many people have had this prob